30. Unmask the mask

"We need you at the court hearing." The police informs us on call as we head back into the car.

"We'll be back." I reply and hang up.

"Okay since I've got your permission, I'd like to use some lines I wanted to try on you." Leif says while driving.

"How bad can it possibly get?" I roll my eyes.

"I'm not THAT bad...." He pouts and I give in.

"Okay go ahead." I smile and he returns.

"Where's your favourite place in the world?" He asks me.

"I don't know maybe next to you?" I answer sheepishly.

"THAT WAS MY LINE !!" He screams in annoyance.

"Try another one." I chuckle.

"Okay so life without you is like a broken pencil." He pauses. "Pointless."

"Are you comparing me to a pencil?" I frown.

"Well I can compare you with better things...." He winks.

"Like ?"

"If you were my homework, I'd slam you on the table and do you all night." He smirks.

"The ACTUAL FU-"
[ let's keep it PG-13:) ]

"So do you like it better ?"

"I think pencil one was better." I roll my eyes.

"Thought so." He bursts out laughing and I join him in.

But the happiness is short lived when a huge car comes in front of us and Leif has to take a sudden turn which ends up with us crashing on the side railing of the hills.

And I recall the exact words.

No one dies at their happiest.

I cannot let my happiness be snatch twice. I look up and see Leif's head smashing at the window.

He took a turn at his side which saved me from the impact but affected him severely.

"Leif! Leif Darnell ! Open your GODDAMN EYES! Come on reply !! Aiden Harper!" I reach out for him and he moves a bit, much to my relief.

"Are you alright? Let me call the ambulance.  WHO DRIVES LIKE THAT ?" Before I can look up, the door at my side of the car opens.

A man dressed in complete black with a black hat and mask takes my hand and pulls me out.

"GET OFF ME!" I shout at him but he doesn't even flinch.

"Adira !" Leif shouts from behind but doesn't move. I assume his head hurts a lot because I notice blood dripping off his side.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" I scream more and the masked guy puts his hand over my face to stop my screams.

He presses further into my mouth as he uses his other hand to take something out of his pockets.

I take that moment to bite his hand and he releases me a bit, comforting his hands.

"WHO ARE YOU ?!" I shout at him but he comes close to me and grabs me by my hair.

"AHHHHHH" I scream in pain as it dawns on me that this guy is sent to kill me.

He pushes me on the railing and I hit my head on it. The he pulls be back and pushes me again but I dodge just in time.

He groans in annoyance as he turns me around and digs his hand more into my hair to grasp it stronger as he holds my throat and chokes me.

I continue resisting him but in vain as I slowly start losing consciousness.

But suddenly he stops in his moves and I open my eyes to see Leif holding his leg and pulling it so that he loses his balance.

I take the opportunity and hit my head harder on his face as he finally releases me.

Once I'm back on my feet, he takes out a knife from his pocket and lunges towards me.

Leif is still on the ground as he easily loses his balance when trying to stand.

Unaware of the surrounding as I keep on worrying about Leif, the attacker makes his attack and I miss it just in time but the knife hits my shoulder.

"YOU RASCA-" I shout as I kick him where his sensitive part lies and he falls on the ground.

I run towards the car but he gets up soon and rushes towards me.

Leif points at a rod nearby which might have been a part of his car before the accident and I take that and hit hard on the head of the attacker.

And the attacker loses his consciousness as I release the rod in hand and fall down aswell, my energy being drained by the activity.

"Unmask him." Leif suggests as he crawls to the place where I am sitting which, is right at the end of a tire.

I get up and do as he advised.

Once I unmask the attacker, I'm not surprised.

It's Elijah.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
A/N

The drama !!!! We have only 2 chapters left and we are ALL DONE !!

How did y'all take in the agreement of Leif and Adira?

Okay so LET'S MEET IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!!

STAY TUNED!!