19. Opposites attract ?

"Mini! When did you buy this?!" Leif screams in shock as I hand him his t-shirt.

"The same day I bought his." I laugh at his reaction.

"Easily distracted. My girlfriend knows how to read you. She made the perfect choice buying it for you." Caleb joins in my laughter.

"Ha ha. Not funny." Leif rolls his eyes but I see a glint humour in it.

I've been hanging out in Caleb's apartment with his friends for a while now. After my one week leave, I returned to work and we are still searching for a lead from the guestlist. We have enlisted some people in our suspicion.

I really hope it ends well.

"So, Mini are you coming for camping next weekend?" Leif asks as he grabs a bottle of wine and serves it for himself.

"What camping?" I raise my brows slightly.

"Oh shit! Did I not tell you? I thought I did." Caleb murmurs in the background.

"This guy is of no use." Leif shakes his head in disappointment and I chuckle.

"Are we guys late for the party?" Celia joins us through the front door and I go to give her a warm hug.

"Nah. Just informing Mini about the camping which certain someone forgot to mention." Leif rolls his eyes.

"He has got this nick name for me. I call him Giant in return." I explain to the confused Celia.

"I'll fill you in. These guys are ridiculous." Celia joins my chuckles and we sit on the dinning table.

"So we were planning to go camping this weekend. Just tryna connect to our roots or something but basically it's just to mess around. Sometimes a change of air helps, you know." She shrugs and I know what she means.

So that let go of my mother. So that I recover from her loss.

"Sounds like fun." I smile and Celia returns one of her own before joining the guys in their banter.

This is going to be a wild journey.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Weekends are off even in Elijah's gang. But he doesn't spare me. Yet I asked him to let me have a day off so that I can get some fresh air before returning to work.

The final results of the guest lists are coming tomorrow evening.

So I accepted Leif's offer and joined them in this small outing.

"This is a wonderful place for an inspiration, isn't it?" Celia says joyfully and I admire her optimism.

"It sure is." Joshua strangles her with a hug and she hits him on the arm as a sign to let her go.

"You know, today I caught myself smiling for no reason...." Caleb takes my hand and looks me in the eye while walking.

"then I realized I was thinking about you." He completes, leaving me flustered.

"Today seems like a good day to lay down on a railway track." Leif sighs in the background and we all turn to look at him.

"What? It feels like I am five-wheeling you guys!! Can you just skip this lovey-dovey part and pay some attention to my poor soul." He pouts like a child and we all burst laughing.

"Come on man! You are at fault for not charming any ladies." Joshua shouts from ahead.

"Your existence itself is a proof that failure has a sense of humor. " Caleb comments and we all double our laughter.