9: Sebastian Sallow - Happy Holidays

Note: the reader IS NOT the Hogwarts Legacy mc

House: Slytherin

Requested byKawaii_moonstar3545

 "Incoming!" I yelled before launching the snowball directly towards my target otherwise known as Sebastian Sallow. He poked his head out from behind his barricade just in time to be hit in the face with the cold ball making me laugh wildly.

"You think that's funny? Have some of this!" He shouted and I managed to duck behind my own barricade just in time. Sebastian and I had become close, being sorted into the same house when we arrived at Hogwarts in first year. I also became close with Ominis and Anne but I felt a special connection with Sebastian and I realised - just after the events of fifth year and the arrival of the new student - that the special connection I felt was actually romantic feelings.

At first I wasn't sure on the new student as it seemed as though he was leading Sebastian astray, encouraging his use of the Dark Arts which was something Ominis and I were desperately trying to steer Sebastian away from. After Solomon's death Sebastian became somewhat of a recluse, especially as Anne left leaving just a letter for her twin. Thankfully though Ominis and I were able to coax the true Sebastian out again over the past few months, it now being a year since things had occurred.

Right now it was the Christmas Holidays and the entirety of Scotland was laced in a white blanket of snow which made the castle and the surrounding valley look stunning. We were among the few students staying in the castle over the holidays, Sebastian not wanting to go to Feldcroft and Ominis not wanting to go home to his family. I didn't have any family to go home to so like Ominis I'd spend my holidays with Sebastian and Anne. It was fun having most of the castle to ourselves as the teachers let us get away with things we usually wouldn't be allowed to in term time.

Currently the snow that enveloped the land was providing plenty of fun. We had already organised and executed a snowman making competition which we requested Professor Garlick judge, but right now Sebastian and I were locked in a fierce snowball duel. Magic was strictly out of bounds and Ominis sat on a bench nearby in the North Courtyard holding onto them and brushing his fingers across braille.

As quickly as I could I made multiple snowballs so I'd have plenty of ammunition ready for my final attack that would win me this battle. I peeked over my barricade and saw no sign of Sebastian so I presumed he was hiding lowly, however I was wrong. Out of nowhere I was pinned to the ground with Sebastian on top of me, throwing snowballs in my face. I desperately shook my body hoping to free myself from his grasp, and the fact I had made ammunition only worked against me as he began using them. "Okay! Okay you win!" I blurted out, my face somehow feeling hot from the cold.

"That's two to you and two to me," Sebastian got up and pulled me up. "We'll have to have a decider match tomorrow."

"You're on. Winner buys the next round at the Three Broomsticks!" I folded my arms confidently.

"Is it over? Can we go back inside now?" Ominis asked, approaching us quickly and handing us our wands back.

"Sure, lets head back to the common room... I think I need to get changed," I laughed, realising my clothes were soaked. The three of us headed back into the castle, there still being Christmas decorations up despite the day having passed. The ghosts were still happily singing carols as we passed some on the way down to the dungeons, its corridors now lines with Christmas trees adding a bit of light to the usually dark area.

"So we're in agreement that I won that match, yeah?" Sebastian teased and I rolled my eyes.

"You played dirty today you know," I scoffed and he just chuckled.