06| boyfriend

DIANE

"Roseline, SHUT UP!" I groaned. l pinching the bridge of my nose. My head was pounding, and her incessant chatter was making it worse. I just wanted some peace, but that seemed like too much to ask for at the moment.

She stopped talking, but I could see a petulant expression on her face. I closed my eyes, hoping the pain would go away, but it only seemed to be getting worse. Maybe I just needed to rest and the pain would go away. That was the only thing I could hope for at this point.

I'm never drinking tequila shots, ever. I don't even know why I drank it. I was a wine girlie.

"Roseline Mavrell I swear if I hear you scream one more-"

And she screamed.

She screamed.

Livid, I stomped out of my bed, on my way to the kitchen. 

Oh, she was going to get it.

"Morning, Mom," I said, forcing a smile as I walked into the kitchen. "I'm up early because of your little firecracker over there." I gestured towards Roseline, who was still in her room doing God knows what.

My mom just raised an eyebrow, a knowing look on her face. She knew better than to get involved in sibling fights, but she still managed to convey a sense of amusement.
"Good morning, dear," she said, turning back to the stove where she was making pancakes.

I trotted to Roseline's room and opened the door without knocking. She was sitting on her bed, looking out the window with a faraway look in her eyes. I couldn't help but grin. "Don't you dare!" she yelled, her eyes wide as she saw me raise the jug of water.

I just laughed, and she looked at me with pure terror in her eyes. Before she could say anything else, I threw the water at her. I heard a loud squeal as the water hit her, drenching her hair, face, and pajamas.

"What the actual-"

"I warned you. I said never wake me up after a long night out,"

"What if I died?"

My eyes bore into hers. "Well, you didn't."

"You're out every night," She says, grabbing a face towel. "Because I work."

"You're always out late," she whined, drying her face with a towel. "What if something happened to you?"

"I'm always careful," I said, crossing my arms. "I know what I'm doing. Plus, I'm working. This is part of my job."She pouted.

"Still, you could get hurt." I softened my expression. "I know, and I appreciate your concern, but I'm fine. Really."

She sighed. "Fine, but can we at least not throw water at each other?"
I laughed. "Alright, we have a truce."

"What were you looking at by the way?"

"Your boyfriend," she said, a teasing tone in her voice. I stared at her, my jaw dropping. "Boyfriend? What are you talking about?" I asked, trying to keep the amusement out of my voice. She smirked.  "If you're talking about Dante, we already broke up,"