02| jasmine

D I A N E

Years Ago  

I placed the beers on the table and quickly gathered their empty bottles. "Hey cutie,'' one of them said. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. "Can I get you anything else?' I asked, gritting my teeth through a forced smile. 

My heart sank when I realized they were my next table. As I walked over, they leered at me, clearly underdressing me with their eyes. "What can I get you  to drink?' I asked, attempting to sound cheerful. One of them whistled and I had to bite back a glare.

Their eyes followed as I made my way back to the bar. I could feel their gazes on my back so I turned around  and faced them. 

 "What's your name?" One asked.

"The names Jasmine but I'm sure your wife wouldn't like what you're doing,  "

"Jasmine." He muses with a smile, completely ignoring what I just said. "I like you. How much will it be to spend the night with you?' I shook my head in disbelief, trying to hold back a humorless laugh.

Did he think this was some kind of brothel?

"I only go for real men," I felt my lip curl in revulsion as I took in every detail of this pathetic man.  "Not desperate, penniless married men,' As I looked at his left hand, I noticed a gold wedding band gleaming on his finger. 

Shameless.

"Next time you're looking for a cheap whore, go to a brothel. ," I bite out. 

I tried to shake off his hand, but his grip was like iron. He was leering at me, a sneer on his face. "You better remove your filthy hands before I do it for you,' I snarl. 

"You better swallow your words,"

"You better get your dirty hands off me," I glared right back at him. I tried not to gag as  his hot, boozy breath hit my face. He smelled like marijuana and his clothes were rumpled and stained. I felt sorry for his wife.

"Or what?" He dared to challenge me so I grabbed one of the empty beer bottles and swung it against his head. His grip on me weakened as he groaned. I grabbed one of the glass pieces and right as I was about to use it against him, a voice from behind stopped me.

"Jasmine," I didn't look back still glaring at the man in front of me. "Diane," And I finally snapped out of it.

"What," I spat looking at the taller woman behind me. It was Ravi. I rolled my eyes at the sight of her. Her black mini skirt was holding on for dear life- one wrong move and these mens eyes will be blessed.

"The boss is looking for you,'

I look around not seeing the familiar figure anywhere. "I don't see him looking,"

She rolls her eyes at this. "You know what I meant. He wants to see you," I cross my arms over my chest, brushing past her as I head over to my boyfriends office.

Not even bothering to knock, I walked in like I owned the place.

"Finally," He releases a breath.

"I'm not in the mood Ethan. One of your customers assaulted me and I'm sure the word got to you but as usual, you ignored it."

"That's exactly why I wanted to talk to you," He steps forward. "You're causing problems in my bar and I'm losing customers because of your attitude,"

I blink. "My attitude? Seriously? I'm sure those good-for-nothing customers were all men and they don't like my attitude because I never give them what they want,"