46|dream of you

ISAAK

The cold water beat down on my skin, but it did nothing to cool the fire that burned within me. I couldn't stop thinking about her, and no matter how hard I tried, she was always there, at the front of my mind.

I thought about her when I walked down the streets of Italy, seeing her in every woman I passed. I thought about her when I chewed my gum, recalling the way she smiled as she did the same. It was as if she was haunting me, but in the most beautiful way possible.

It was now nighttime, and Luciano had already boarded the jet to take care of business on his side of things. I stayed behind to take care of my side of things, but also to make sure that everything was safe and secure.

I had a job to do, and I wasn't going to let anything get in the way of that. As I got dressed for the night, putting on a black blazer and a silver watch.

"It's time for me to go, mama," I said, giving my mother a kiss on the cheek. "I'll be back soon." I turned to leave, but a small voice stopped me in my tracks. "Where are you going?" asked Sebas, his big brown eyes looking up at me. I sighed, crouching down to his level.

"I'm going to a grown-up event," I explained. "You can't come with me."

"But why not?" he asked, a pout forming on his face. "I'm a big boy now!"

"You are a big boy, Sebas," I said, a smile forming on my lips. "But you're still not quite old enough for this particular event. It's nothing personal, my boy. I'll be back soon." Sebas sighed, his lower lip sticking out in a stubborn pout.

I knew he was disappointed, but I also knew he'd understand. "Will you tell me all about it when you get back?" he asked, his eyes hopeful.

I blinked. "I don't know boy," I say,  as I gently held on to his shoulders. My eyes ran over his features . I swear if you didn't look closely you would say he looks nothing like Teresa but he had her eyes.

The rest, was definitely his father- whom we all didn't know because Teresa always kept it a secret for whatever reason.

"Uncle please," He pouted and gave into the little boy. "Maybe,"

□□□

"Welcome Rivera,"

"Evening,"

"I heard about yesterday-"

"I heard about your wedding day and-"

"And you have nothing else better to do? i didn't come here for tea to talk about about my personal life, so get straight to the point," I said sharply.

"Right, ok. My family have been thinking about forming an alliance with you for quite some time. If we were to form an alliance with Isaak, it could be very beneficial for both parties. We could gain access to your vast resources and connections, and in return, you could gain a powerful ally in the Italian family,"

As I took a look at my watch, I realized I had been here for less than five minutes. This meeting was a waste of time. I downed the rest of my whiskey and let out a heavy sigh. "If that's all you have to offer, I'm afraid I must be going," I said, my tone dripping with boredom.

I had no patience for this charade, and I wanted nothing more than to leave this place and forget about this whole proposal.

The bald man's voice was urgent, and I couldn't help but pause as he spoke. "Mr. Rivera, please, hear me out," he said, his eyes pleading. I raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to continue.

The tension in the room was palpable, and the other men were watching us intently. I remained silent, waiting for the man to say his piece.

"Look everybody fears the Colossus," he begins, referring to Luciano and I.