56| yes sir

DIANE

I had showered and changed into- the only clothes that were available; Isaak's t-shirt that fit me like a dress.

"How did you find me?" I ask, my voice soft. Isaak takes something out his blazer, it looked like a.. "Is that  a tracker?" Isaak nodded and then it made sense. I exhaled through my nose.

"Why didn't you ever tell me about Roseline?" Isaak shrugged, pulling out a first aid kit. He began cleaning my lip, and I winced as he did so.

How the tables had turned.

"You came up with your own conclusion so I let it be," he said and my jaw clenched when I remembered that day, still  in my mind.

I go on and tell him the things that Luka told me. I was so foolish, blinded and stupid.

"Forgive me," I say and he shakes his head. "There's nothing to forgive you for, I would've done the same," He says.

"I don't deserve you," I whisper.

He tucks a strand of my hair at the back of my ear.

"You deserve nothing but the truth," And so I told him the rest.

"I was so stupid," I said, shaking my head. "I let myself get fooled by Luka's lies, and I let my hurt and anger get the best of me. I let him manipulate me into his revenge plot, and I hurt so many people in the process. I can't believe I was so selfish." I felt like I could barely breathe, the weight of my mistakes crushing me.

"But you know what?" I said, my voice breaking. "I'm not going to let him win." I say.

''I'm not going to let him destroy me. I'm going to fight back, and I'm going to fix the mess I've made. I'm going to make it right, no matter what it takes." I felt a surge of determination run through me, hoping that it wasn't temporary.

"Why do you still trust me?" I asked, my voice full of self-doubt. "I'm not even sure I trust myself," I said. I felt the shame welling up inside me, and I couldn't meet his eyes. "Because you've always been loyal to me, even when I didn't deserved it," he said, referring to our past.  "And because I know you,"

I sighed.  I was so tired of it all. Tired of the lies, the secrets, the anger, the envy.

I was tired of carrying the weight of it all on my shoulders. I needed to tell Isaak the truth, no matter how hard it would be. I took a deep breath, and then I spoke. "I need to tell you something else," I said, my voice trembling.

Isaak chuckled. "So there's more?"

"I'm not kidding Isaak. I'm being very serious," He nodded, putting his hands up in surrender.  "I need to be honest with you, even if its hard for me to admit,"

"I'm not pregnant," I said, the words pouring out of me in a rush. It was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders, and I felt like I could breathe again.

Isaak looked at me, his eyes wide. "What do you mean?" he asked, his voice full of confusion. I took a deep breath, and I opened my mouth to tell him everything.

I closed my eyes shut, the images on full display like I was living it once again. I flinched when I noticed that I could still feel his touch.

"It was all part of the plan," I said, my voice shaking. "Luka wanted to get back at you, and he wanted to one-up you. So he started drugging me. Its all really vague; the night you were shot at the ball. But I do remember getting to the cabin. And that's when it all happened." I felt my stomach twist in knots as I relived those horrible memories. But I had to tell him, I had to be honest. I owed him that much.