18| pretty hurts

D I A N E

I walked out of Isaak's room, shocked to see Yulia at the door.

She looked at me with a smirk, as if she knew exactly what had just happened.  "So, you finally realize that he is mine?"

"Enjoy your evening," I said, my voice as cold as hers. I walked past her, not wanting another argument.

As I walked down the hall, I could feel her eyes on me. I didn't turn around, I didn't want to give her the satisfaction. I just kept walking, my head held high, trying to appear unbothered by her presence.

On my way out, I saw Claudia, heading in my direction. "Where were you?"

"Nowhere important, "

She looked at me with concern, her brow furrowed. "What's wrong,"

"Hey, remember that ball you told me about?" I asked, changing the subject. Il
Claudia's face lit up at the mention of the ball. "Are you coming?" I nodded and she beamed.

"It's going to be so much fun. Are you bringing a date?"

"No, I'll be going alone," I said, trying to sound casual. In truth, the thought of attending a ball alone made me feel a little nervous. "As long you're there!"

"Come on, let's look for your dress!"

□□□

The ball gown was made of the softest silk, with intricate embroidery in shades of pink and white. I could barely breathe in this corset but it was gorgeous. 

What can I say, pretty much hurts.

The bodice was fitted, with a sweetheart neckline and cap sleeves. The skirt was full and flowing, with layers of tulle and organza that gave it a dreamy, ethereal quality. The back of the dress was low, with delicate buttons running down the spine. It was the most beautiful dress I had ever seen, and I couldn't believe I would get to wear it.
As I admired my reflection in the mirror, I thought about the ball. I wondered who else would be there,

My hair was styled in loose, beachy waves, and my bangs swept to the side, framing my face. My earrings were dainty and sparkly, catching the light as I turned my head. The necklace I wore was delicate, with a small diamond pendant that rested just below my collarbone. I felt beautiful, like a princess from a fairytale.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves. I was starting to feel more and more anxious about attending the ball alone. But I knew that I had to put on a brave face and enjoy myself for the sake of my friend

I rummaged through my makeup bag, looking for my liner and gloss.

I applied my lip liner, going for a neutral shade to complement my natural lip color. I topped it off with a clear gloss, giving my lips a subtle sheen. As I looked at my reflection, I felt like I was almost ready.

I quickly pulled on my gloves making sure they were snug and secure.

I hesitated, wondering if I should grab a coat or not. But I didn't want to cover up my outfit, and I knew I would only get too hot if I wore one. So I decided against it, instead draping a white fur scarf around my neck and shoulders. It was a luxurious accessory, adding a touch of glamour to my look. I grabbed my bag, and with a final glance in the mirror, I left the house.