07| sapphire swan

"Oh, I will," Before I could respond, he reached out and took my hand. His touch sent a jolt of electricity through me. I stared at him, completely off guard. It was like the world had stopped turning.

As I got lost in Isaak's eyes, I couldn't help but feel a spark of curiosity. There was something about him that intrigued me, that made me want to know more. I tried to push that feeling away, but a nagging thought lingered in my mind.

Isaak watched me closely, his expression unreadable. He didn't say anything, but I could feel his eyes on me, searching. I couldn't tell if he was challenging or trying to figure me out. Either way, I felt so exposed under his eternal gaze.

I could feel the air getting thicker as my heart pounded in my chest. I could smell his faint scent of leather and cologne, and it made me feel lightheaded. My head screamed for me to pull away but my body didn't seem to move.

The southern voice was deep, and familiar and seemed to echo off the walls, reverberating in my ears. It was a male and it sounded angry, almost furious.

I turned to see who the voice belonged to and I froze upon seeing him.

"Dante?" His frame towered over mine and now I just felt microscopic between the both of them. His sandy brown hair is disheveled and his eyes are bloodshot like he hadn't slept last night. His eyes flashed with anger as he pulled me away from Isaak, and I felt my body tense at this. I tried to pull away from him, but his grip was too strong.

I felt annoyance bubble up inside me.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I said through gritted teeth. Before he could answer, Isaak lunged forward and landed a punch on Dante's jaw. I gasped as Ethan landed on the floor with a thud. Isaak made him rise to his feet by using his collar, revealing Dante's bloody nose. "Isaak stop!"

"Stop!" The moment was a blur. Before I knew what I was doing, I had the gun in my hand, the cold metal was pressing against my temple.

Both of them froze at the sight and looked at each other, then back at me, not knowing what to do.

"Stop or I'll shoot,"

"You wouldn't.''

Hell yeah, I wouldn't but this was the only way I could think of separating them. "Try me,''

Slowly, Isaak backed off so I lowered the gun and handed it back to its owner. "I'm sorry,'' Dante's words caught me off guard but oh boy was he wrong if he thought that would work on me.

"Let her go," Isaak growled, his voice low and dangerous. There was a warning in his tone, a threat. He took a step forward, never taking his eyes off Dante. "I won't say it again,'' he said, his jaw set and his hands clenched into fists. "Let. Her. Go.''

"Isaak, he won't hurt me,'' I reassure him, grabbing Dante's wrist and walking over to the living room with him. "What the hell are you doing here?'' I hiss once we're alone.

"Come back to work with me and work beside me."

This had to be some joke. I cross my arms over my chest.

Work with him? After everything that had happened? It was unthinkable. I just stood there, frozen in disbelief.

"And do what huh? What's that gonna do?"

"Please,"

I sighed, realizing he wasn't going to leave without me saying yes so that's what I did.

I nodded, hoping that he would take the hint and leave. Deep down, I knew I didn't want to go back to work with him. But at that moment, I just wanted him to leave me alone. I could figure out the rest later.