57| team

DIANE

A month had passed since that night, and things had changed between us. We had become close in a way I never thought possible, and our bond had deepened.

It had become a routine for us, something we both craved. It was like we were addicted to each other, unable to get enough of this new feeling we shared. I had never felt so connected to another person before, and I never wanted it to end.

I kicked the punching bag harder and harder, my anger and frustration fueling my movements. I felt a knife whiz past my head, and I ducked just in time.

My hair was pulled back in a tight bun, and sweat was pouring down my face.

I had been training for hours, and I was exhausted. Isaak stood in front of me, a smirk on his face. He treated this like it was child's play, and it only fueled my fire. Since I was going to be his wife now, I had to up my game now in case anything went wrong.

"Do your best," I said to Gonzalez, the man in front of me. I knew he was one of Isaak's most trusted men, and he was also training me to be the best I could be. Isaak watched us carefully, making comments and suggestions every so often.

I could tell he was trying to distract me, to test my focus. But I wouldn't let him get the best of me. I was determined to prove myself, to show him that I could handle anything that came my way.

I reached for the blade that Isaak always kept, and I felt the weight of it in my hand. It was familiar, and it gave me a sense of comfort. I slowly approached Gonzalez, my heart racing. I moved quickly.

Gonzalez ducked out of the way just in time, but I was ready for that. I used my elbow to strike him in the lower back, causing him to stumble. I then used my heel to kick the back of his knee, sending him to the ground. He fell to his knees, and I took the opportunity to jump on top of him. I had the blade at his jaw, and I could feel the adrenaline coursing through my veins.

Just as I thought I had won, Gonzalez used his palm to push my left arm away. I lost my balance, and before I knew it, he was on top of me. I groaned in frustration, and he pinned my wrists to the ground.

I couldn't move my hands, but I could still move my feet. I thrusted my hips up, and then I was on top of him again.

I got off him and offered him a hand, a smirk on my face. "Bravo!" I heard Claudia shout from the back. I turned to see her, a big smile on her face. "You did great!" she said, her eyes shining with pride. I smiled at her, feeling a sense of accomplishment.

Then, I turned to see Isaak making his way over to me. He had a teasing look on his face, and I knew what was coming. He handed me a bottle of water which I took gladly. "Did I shock you so much that I left you speechless?" I said, raising my eyebrows.

"No, I knew you had it you. Besides, you learnt from the best," My jaw drooped slight and I pushed him back, a smile on his face.

Suddenly, my phone rang. I picked it up from the table and answered without looking at the caller ID. "Hello?" I said, my voice sounding puzzled. "Hey, girl I'm here," a voice said on the other end of the line. I recognized the voice instantly. "I just landed in Italy," Roseline said, and I could hear the excitement in her voice.

"That's great,"  I say. "Isaak will get one of his chauffeurs to come and get you okay?" I say over the line.

That was the greatest news I could hear at the moment.

But it was like how greatest moment were destined to be replaced with a ton of bad. Isaak's phone rang and I froze, suddenly feeling uneasy.

"What is it?" Isaak said, pressing the phone onto his ear.

Now it was my turn to ask him, "What happened?" Isaak clenched his jaw, his grip on his phone was tight, so tight I thought he could injure his hand.  "Isaak, talk to me,"

"Ezekiel called,"He says,  exhaling through his nose. "He said I should thank Teresa for handing Sebas over," My eyes widen.

The Zwanes and Yulia were determined to get revenge, to take everything away from us. I knew they would stop at nothing to get what they wanted. And now, Sebas was in their hands. I felt sick to my stomach, knowing that if they could hurt him, they could hurt anyone. If they took Sebas, that means..

Roseline was next.

Isaak threw his phone across the room, his anger visible on his face. I instantly thought of Roseline, my heart racing with worry. "Isaak," I said, my voice shaking. "Roseline..." I trailed off, not knowing what to say.

He shook his head, his eyes hard. "Shh," he said, his voice soothing. "She'll be fine." I looked at him, my eyes wide with worry. He seemed so calm, like he had already figured it out. But I couldn't shake the feeling of dread that was taking over me.

"Gonzalez," Isaak called out. Gonzalez appeared in the doorway, his face expressionless. "Get in contact with Viktor," Isaak said. I frowned, trying to figure out what this had to do with anything.

"Isaak, what-" I started, but he cut me off. "It's an eye for an eye, love," he said. I stared at him, still not understanding. "If they took Sebas, I'll take Yulia," he explained. "I can handle her," I said, my voice shaking with determination.

"I know you can, but this is something I need to do on my own," he said, his voice firm. But I wasn't having any of it. "No, Isaak," I said, putting my foot down. "We're a team now, remember?" I said, reminding him of the promise we had made.

"I'm coming with you," I say.

"I'm not taking no for an answer. We're a team now,"