𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

°~𝑲𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒃𝒊𝒓𝒅 𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒍~°

The hours went by quickly as I eagerly prepared for my first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. My trunk was packed, my wand was polished, and I was all set to board the iconic Hogwarts Express. But just as I was about to leave my room, something unexpected happened.

Aurora, my pet owl, suddenly flew through my window, startling me. Did my letter to Hermione already reach her that fast? I wondered, as I took the letter from her beak. I quickly tore it open and read its contents. To my surprise, it was not from Hermione, but from Ron Weasley.

It read: Hey mate, Hermione and I will be meeting up at the Leaky Cauldron in Diagon Alley before heading to Hogwarts. There's an urgent matter we need to attend to. Hope to see you there. - Ron

I couldn't believe it. I hadn't even stepped foot on Hogwarts ground and there was already news. Without wasting any time, I grabbed my suitcase and Pix, and rushed out of my room.

"Aunt Lee! Change of plans. I'll be going to Diagon Alley to meet up with them right now before going to the train," I yell from upstairs outside my room door to make sure she heard that.

'Right now? Are you sure? Are you all packed? You haven't eaten yet, Y/N,' she asks.

'Yes, yes I am, and don't worry too much. I'll grab something on the way. I'll be going now. Is the floo powder on the shelf above the fireplace?' I ask.
'Same place as usual' She confirmed.
I head downstairs with my two hands full because of the suitcase and Pix in her cage.

'You are forgetting you can use magic to ease things instead of carrying them. Aren't they heavy for you?' I take a deep breath because seeing her worry easily does make it hard.

'It's really all right. I'll just morph my hands or something, that way I won't feel like my muscles are getting weak,' I suggest.

'What if anyone sees you? You know it's not entirely safe to be this free in public. It's enough being friends with that Harry Potter has gotten you into a of trouble,' she says. I put my stuff down on the couch beside me and take her hand.

'Auntie, you are aware that I am capable of defending myself. You've already seen how much I've proved that. I promise I won't do it in the open until I'm in Hogwarts. Besides, I'm not as popular as Potter. That is one of the reasons you need to worry less,' I give her a tight hug , She takes a deep breath and says

'Alright...please take care of yourself, Y/N, and next time...' She stops shortly, feeling a slight pinch on the back of my arm.

'OW- WHA- WHAT WAS THAT FOR?' she raises an eyebrow. 'Next time, remember to call me Lee,' I rub , to relieve that nasty pinch.

'Well then, that was a bit of a shock for a goodbye. Ay Au- I mean Lee,' I almost blurted as she laughs .'Off you go then, you don't want to leave your friends waiting.

I take my stuff off the couch and go through the fireplace with flu powder in my hand. I say wide and clear, 'Diagon Alley,' throwing the powder downwards with green flames coming up as Lee fades across me, and soon I'll be in the Leaky Cauldron.

°~✩☽︎~°

So many witches and wizards in the alley. I often go with Lee, but now she's been letting me go on my own for my independence. I follow the location in Ron's letter. It's located on the Muggle street of Charing Cross Road between a Muggle bookshop and record store. It's not that far from here.

Pix has been getting more impatient since we arrived. She has a terrible habit with cages and wants me to set her free, which I promised I will until we're in Hogwarts.