𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑜𝑛𝑒

°~𝑫𝒆𝒏𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑩𝒖𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒔~°

I knew that I had to make a decision: whether to continue playing this bet and potentially lose Draco, or to come clean and risk facing the consequences. The choice was mine to make, and I knew that whatever I chose, it would change everything. I couldn't bare to hurt another person today. I have disappointed so much. I didn't care less about my situation or my abilities affecting my hands. As long as I don't push away another friend .

Without a second thought, I rushed towards him before he could leave the class. I grabbed him by the back of his robe, facing him from behind as I tried to catch my breath.

"Please wait, I didn't mean to say that," I utter abruptly, He stopped in his tracks, still holding on his robe even tightly if he'd stay and listen, my words tumbling over each other in a desperate attempt to stop him from leaving. "I'll explain, if it means not pushing you away when we were just started to get along." My eyes watering.

He didn't turn around to face me. I could feel his body tense under my touch still cluching on the fabric of his robe from behind that I didn't want to let go, and I could only imagine what was going through his mind. I began to explain everything: about the bet, about my doubts, about my past with him. I told him the truth, hoping that he would understand and forgive me.

"What I said back there, about you being friendly," I continued, my voice trembling with emotion. "It's hard for me to accept you easily because of our past. And you coming to comfort me so suddenly questions whether you actually meant it or not. Not because of the bet, not because of anything. I'm not saying that I don't appreciate it, Draco. I can see you're trying ,its more than enough. I've already pushed my friends today because I couldn't explain myself. But at least, you deserve to know."

He tilted his head from the side of his shoulder, still not facing me, but wanting to hear what I had to say. I took a deep breath and looked up at him, my eyes pleading for understanding and forgiveness.

"The reason I agreed to this bet was only because I thought it would make you stop bullying me and for Harry's sake," I said. "I hate seeing him have a rough time. But that all changed when I got to know you over the past two weeks. I could see that there was more to you. I wanted to understand, I wanted to be friends. And I had fun with you around."

Looking down at his hand, I tried to reach out to take it, wanting to show him that I cared and that his words meant something to me. But then I backed away, unsure of how he would react or was it okay.

"I know you want to leave," I said, my voice heavy with apology. "I understand, and I won't stop you. But I'm sorry for not saying anything sooner."

He turned to face me,his eyes meeting mine but then I faced downwards , too ashamed from everything today.

"Stop whining already, it's annoying," he said playfully, attempting to brighten up the mood, with my face down and eyes up instead.

"Besides, it wasn't part of our bet to leave so soon."

A warmth spread through my chest, and I couldn't help but let out a small laugh and tear up a little bit more at the same time for having him back. This bet has changed a lot of perspectives and feelings between us.

I raise my other normal hand. "Friends?" I smile. And he shakes my hand in agreement.

I wasn't aware I was also holding his hand, and I could see my face turning pink, and then Draco looks down after feeling a weird touch of skin that isn't mine ,noticing my hands because of the morphing slowly fading.

"What in the bloody-?" he raises my hand and scans it in displeasure of what in the bloody hell is going on. I quickly try to hide it, but it was too late.