𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑇ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒

'°~𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝑭𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒆𝒔~°

I sat in potions class for the next 30 minutes, fiddling with the ingredients in front of me. Professor Snape had assigned us to make the Wiggenweld potion, a simple potion to make yet it required precise measurements and careful handling. The instructions were luckily very clear and easy to follow, so it didn't seem difficult for anyone in class to make it.

I only had one ingredient left to add, which is boom berry juice. It was a small purple liquid vial that contained it. I popped out the cork and needed a maximum of three drops of it, as instructed. I was about to finish adding the last third drop of Boomberry.

I could feel Ron's elbow bump against mine. I hissed at him to be careful, but it was too late. His elbow knocked into mine while trying to pull up the cork from his bottle of flobberworm mucus, causing me to spill all of the vial of boom berry into my potion in the cauldron. Before I could even react, the potion in my cauldron began to change color. It went from a beautiful turquoise to a murky black goo. I looked at Ron, then back at the potion in shock.

'Y-y/n... I'm sorry,' Ron tried to apologize, but it wasn't enough. If Snape sees this, I am one dead shapeshifter. And before I could say anything, I spoke too soon. He stood in front of the table and leaned over the cauldron, which was supposed to stay a turquoise color but was now a dark blue gooey substance. I stayed locked, seeing the cauldron, feeling bad for my awful luck without seeing Professor Snape's displeased reaction.

'I guess someone is going to stay after class and do the instructions... Miss Granger?'

'Oh, uh... apologies, professor, but-' he left his hand to silence her before excusing herself.

'I guess I'll have to let a Slytherin do its job.' Oh no, oh no no no, please don't let it be him. I think it's enough coincidences today.

'Malfoy?' Malfoy looked up from his finished potion. He had been the second best from Hermione with Professor Snape, and the only thing I've ever realized he's good at.

'Insist, Miss Luminhood, on how a real Wiggenweld Potion is brewed.' I looked at Draco and shook my head no.

'Certainly.'

That little f-.
I glared at him, trying to resist the urge to strangle him . He's enjoying this bet more than I am.

'Wait a go Ron..now I'm stuck with Malfoy'

'Sorry y/n' he shurgged awkwardly

'Good luck with Malfoy,' Harry gave a comforting shoulder before leaving because he already dislikes him. Hermione shapes her words through her mouth, saying 'I'm sorry' because she had studies after this class, as she told me. Ron shrugs again because he doesn't want to be here, like I do even tho it was his fault. Everyone left the class soon enough, leaving me, Draco, and the professor.

'I'll be back in 30 minutes, and I want this potion ready, Luminhood, with Malfoy's assistance.'

'B-but professor, I do know how to do it. I just knocked the boom-'

'No excuses,' he silences me and leaves immediately.

I give a cold look at the door where the professor left and then glare at Malfoy for dimpling giving him a hint that I do not want to be helped , yet here I am I'm stuck here with him for the 3rd time today. What did I ever do to deserve this.

'Well, Miss Luminhood, it looks like we're partners who I have pleasure to he-' he said, crossing his arms.

. 'I don't need your help. I can do this on my own. I just spilled the Boomberry all over my potion, that's why it looks like this.'