𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑜𝑛𝑒

°~𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒆𝒕~°

I was in a complete panic as I rushed through the aisles of the library, desperately searching for my locket. It was a locket from my parents that held a special place in my heart, the only thing that made me feel close to my them, and now it was missing.

I scanned the shelves and tables and asked around, but no one seemed to have seen it. I was about to give up hope when a glimmer of light caught my eye. I turned towards it, my heart racing with anticipation.

Hoping it was my necklace, I approached the source of the light reflecting through the bookshelf to the other side. As I got closer, I could see that it was indeed my locket. And to my relief, it was. But my relief was short-lived when I saw it in the hands of the one person who had been annoying me all day - Draco , why of all times . Why does the universe insist me of being taunted by him of all people.

I always try to avoid him, but the universe seems to keep rejecting my peace with this boy . he took my locket from the ground and flipped it over, curious about the backside. My lockect was round and gold , the front side was carved in a four point star with curvey lines reaching the bottom to cherish and loyalty of the family hertiage and in the back it had my Last name initials 'L.H'. I groaned inwardly, knowing that dealing with him would only add to my exhaustion. I approached him.

"That's my necklace you have there," I said.

He looked at me with mischievous twinkles in his eyes and replied, "I was going to give it back to the librarian" he lied , his face is written all over it.

"Lair! , you were certainly having other ideas , that is my necklace"

"Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. What's it worth to you?"

"It is mine, and it is worth a lot. It has my family name initials. Now give it back!"

"You didn't say please?" How annoying can he be?

I gritted my teeth, struggling to keep my cool. "Because it's mine, give it back this instant." He kept raising his arm higher, intentionally not giving it to me.

"Why should I? What do I get in return?"

I rolled my eyes, annoyed at his childish behavior. "What do you want, Draco?"

He leaned in close to me more then we are. "Why do you keep bumping into me? Is it because you like it?"

I couldn't help but laugh at his audacity. "That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, Draco."

"That's not an answer," his lips curled into a mischievous smile. "Well, then why do you keep staring at me in class?"

I scoffed. "Stare? It was merely a glance. Now give it to me."

Draco's gaze met mine, and for a moment, I saw a flash of fire in his eyes. I tried to jump and take it from his arms, but I ended up grabbing his wrist instead, pulling it down. Why does he always have a sneerful expression , it never even suits him , not on a pretty face like that sadly '𝑔𝑜𝑑 𝑤ℎ𝑦 𝑑𝑖𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡' . Maybe playing fire with fire is the problem , might do the trick .

"You know.. that sneer look you always have , never suits your pretty face."

Draco's eyes widened, and for a moment, he seemed to let his guard down. But then he quickly regained his composure and snatched the necklace away from his hand.

"That was easier than I thought." I put my necklace around my neck, tucking it under my sweater.

I looked away, feeling a little embarrassed at my own words. I had say it for Draco, don't know if that was okay for me to even think about. It felt unusual saying it, too bad it was for someone like him. As I made my way towards the hallway, I felt someone grab my hand. I turned around to see Draco, looking awkward and unsure.

"What do you want now, Draco? Haven't you had enough? You've been nothing but trouble for me, so just stop toying with me and leave me alone," I said, frustration evident in my voice. I could feel my unusual morphing beginning to slowly rise.

Draco's smirk widened as he tightened his grip on my wrist. "Oh, don't be so dramatic. I'm just having a little fun," he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

I rolled my eyes at his response. Draco was always like this - mean and harsh, never cares about anyone else's feelings but his own.

"Why are you always like this? Can't you just be nice for once?" I asked, exasperated.

Draco scoffed. "Why are you getting so upset over a stupid necklace? I thought it was all fun and games. Isn't that how friends act" he said, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

Is he this clueless to be unaware of how friends should be? "No , That's how you'd be dealing with Crabbe and Goyle, not me. And this is not how friends act, Draco. Friends don't bully and annoy each other all the time. I cleared 'Thats not how me and Harry are , if you aren't blind too

'I bet I can be better friends than potter' he dared.

'you're terrible at being friendly to begin with' I retorted.

Draco raised an eyebrow. "Is that a challenge? Because I bet I can be the friendliest person you've ever met,"
he said , a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Friendliest"? please that's absurd .

There was a loud clap of thunder. The storm that had begun outside the courtyard moved through the archways into the hallways. I could see the rain pouring heavily through the opening arches. My hands had calmed down.

Then again, I couldn't deny that there was a small part of me that was curious to see where this is going. Even so, I shouldn't let my guard down.

I didn't back down. "I bet you can't even make one friend before the end of the week..no a year!," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

Draco grinned. "And I bet you won't resist me trying to be friends with you," he said, challenging me. "But even if I'm being friendly, I think you owe me something in return."

I raise an eyebrow, not sure what he's implying. "What do I owe you?"

"we'll have to see about that at the end"
I give it a thought , doing this , may ease things for harry between Draco and him once I got Draco trying to be friends with me.

"If I don't like it , I refuse" curling my necklace around my fingers not sure what it is , either its good or bad.

"Now that's not how a bet goes Luminhood" he implied , trusting a bet like that from a Draco , worse , a slytherin .

"Fine" I walk away, leaving him standing in the hallway with a mix of emotions running through me. It won't be too hard , all i need is to not let him think we're friends ."pff Draco Malfoy being friendly ? This has to be another hilarious joke" .

° ☾︎☆ °

°~||𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐸𝑛𝑑𝑠 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒||~°'