𝐹𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑜𝑛𝑒

°~𝑪𝒓𝒐𝒔𝒔𝒓𝒐𝒂𝒅𝒔~°

'Where are we headed again?' Ron asked as we walked through the chilly winter air.

'To Hagrid's,' I replied, tugging my jacket tighter around my body. 'He asked me to come the other day whenever I can.'

'M-Merlin's beard, it's cold,' I shivered.

'It's warmer than it was yesterday,' Hermione said, adjusting her scarf.

'It is so not,' I huffed, pulling my beanie down over my ears.

'Can't you turn into a polar bear or something?' Harry suggested.

'Tried that, still cold,' I replied, my voice muffled by my scarf. 'Besides, we're almost there.'

We finally reached Hagrid's hut and knocked on his door. He opened it wide with a big smile on his face.

'Hello everyone, I didn't know I'd be having company,' he said.

'Sorry, Hagrid, I told them to tag along,' I said sheepishly.

'Yes, come in,' Hagrid said, ushering us inside.

He was already setting up a fire in his fireplace, making it much warmer inside. But suddenly, I felt a tickle in my nose.

'Oh no,' Harry said, knowing what was coming.

'Don't worry, I won't do it,' I reassured them.

'Do what? Sneeze?' Ron said confusingly

'Last time she sneezed she set her book on fire coming out of her mouth' Harry explained

'I'm still trying to get a hold of my powers its really started to get annoying . And it was my favorite boooook' I whined .

Hagrid turned to me with a grin, 'So y/n, I've been wanting to give you something but I couldn't wait till Christmas. I thought of giving it to you early.'

'An early Christmas gift, lucky you,' Ron teased.

Hagrid disappeared to the shelves , hiding something between his hands. 'Give me a minute,' he said.

He came back and opened both of his hands together, revealing a little green creature. 'Say hello to Herit,' he announced proudly.

'What is that?' Ron exclaimed.

'I can't believe my eyes,' I said, my eyes shimmring in heart felt excitement.

It was a peaceful creature with brown button like eyes and the appearance of a faced stick figure made of green bark and twigs. It had little green leaves growing on some parts of its body and a tiny white flower on the side of its head.

'Hagrid...that's a bowtruckle,' I said in awe.

'A bowtruckle?' Harry repeated.

'Yes, bowtruckles are tiny creatures that protect wood wand trees from any harm. They're the most amazing creatures,' I gushed with all my heart, turning to Hagrid.

'I can't thank you enough, Hagrid,' I said, my eyes almost bursting with joy.

I looked at Herit closer, but he hid behind a cup.

'Is he scared?' Ron asked.

'They tend to be very shy, they just need time to warm up to new people,' I clarified.

'Aren't you the cutest thing ever?' I spoke softly to Herit, trying to coax him out from behind the cup. Suddenly, an idea came to me. I could change my voice to match Herit's and communicate with him. Everyone exchanged stunned looks as Herit emerged from the cup and started chattering away to me in his own language, with a wide smile on my face.