𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦

°~𝑳𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝑳𝒐𝒄𝒌𝒆𝒕~°

I didn't know how to explain it to him; I had no words at all. There are also some other students who are eyeing us for being this close and talking in a low tone, causing suspicion.

"Well, Luminhood, you didn't think I didn't hear you?" The music in the room fades, and I spin to see a Dementor in front of Harry. He starts to raise his wand, then... freezes, transfixed. The Dementor looms closer and closer, when Lupin steps between and snaps his wand.

CRACK! -- the Dementor vanishes, and a roiling mist appears, which becomes clouds. Something glows within the clouds, white, silvery, and round...

"Riddikulus!" Professor Lupin raises his wand at him. POP! The orb deflates like a punctured balloon, whizzes crazily about the room, then darts back into the wardrobe. The door slams, and the class cheers. "What on earth are they cheering for? He could've gotten hurt," I talk to myself.

"Well done, everyone. I think that's enough excitement for today," the professor dismisses the class. As the students exit, chattering loudly, only Harry, subdued, remains behind. At the doorway, Lupin glances back, exchanges a private glance with him. As he exits, the wardrobe gives one last rattle.

"And you," I point a finger towards him and gaze in a threatening manner. "You shall not bother me again, and whatever happened yesterday is in the past," he gives me a good sneer look that never suits his expression at all. "Not until you stop being so rude and start respecting boundaries," I push him in anger, stomp my way out to Hermione. I take a deep breath and relax my mad face and approach her.

"Herm!"

"Y/N? Where were you? You were beside me, then you weren't the second I turned to see you."

"I got pushed away to the back. Sorry. Let's go to the library and search for answers, shall we?"

"Without Harry and Ron? Besides, it'll be time-consuming for just the two of us. They'll think we're avoiding them," she says. I sigh, feeling guilty that we're hiding things from them. "Alright, but don't mention anything related to the infirmary."

'°~✩☽︎~°'

The sun began to set after hours or researching, Hermione and I sat in the library with her head buried in a stack of books. She had been searching for hours, ever since Professor Lupin's class that morning, trying to find any information about her family's shapeshifting abilities.

But no matter how many books we flipped through or how many spells and curses we researched, I couldn't find anything that could help me understand my abilities.I put a book back aggressively on the other stack of books next to me. It was frustrating, to say the least.

"Why does my family heritage have to be so hard to find?" I muttered to myself, running a frustrated hand through my hair and playing with my necklace, the locket hanging from it, hoping I could find anything.

"So you're saying y/n's ability has been going nuts?" Harry asked, concerned.

"Why hasn't any of you said so?"

I folded my arms and leaned back behind the bookshelves, sitting across from her.

"There was too much going on, I couldn't speak about it, and Hermione noticed something was up, so she insisted that I speak up."

Ron Weasley let out a sigh. 'I don't know, but I'm starving. Can we take a break and eat?'

Hermione barely looked up from her books. 'No, we said we're gonna figure this out for y/n, and I haven't found a single clue."