𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐹𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑦

°~𝑵𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑰𝒔 𝑨𝒍𝒐𝒕 𝑰𝒇 𝑰𝒕𝒔 𝑩𝒚 𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕~°

It was still the beginning of December on the 13th day, but the winter season was already in full swing. Snowflakes were gently falling from the sky, covering the grounds in a blanket of white. The rustling of bells from Hogsmeade filled the streets, adding to the merry atmosphere that was already present.

I shivered and pulled my coat tighter around me as I made my way down to Hogsmeade with Harry. The village was bustling with people, all bundled up in their warm winter attire. Christmas lights were strung up everywhere, adding a warm glow to the otherwise cold and grey surroundings. The shops were all decorated with tinsel and wreaths.

I had always loved Christmas, despite my dislike for the cold winter weather. The castle was also adorned with decorations and a crowd of students that were also out and about in Hogsmeade. Many of them were carrying colorful bags full of gifts, probably for their friends and loved ones. I went with Harry to buy decorations for our common rooms even though we already had some, but I refused. I wanted to buy more to feel the Christmas atmosphere and secretly buy presents for everyone, so it was an excuse with the other reasons.

Harry's eyebrows furrowed in concern. 'Isn't it heavy for you?' he asked, gesturing towards the box.

I shook my head 'Not at all, I might be a girl but I have the strength,' I said, pulling one arm as if I had muscles.

'Thanks for coming with me, Harry,' I said gratefully. 'I know you were having fun playing chess with Ron.'

Harry chuckled and shook his head. 'You're kidding? I wasn't having fun at all,' he admitted with a grin. 'I just didn't want to burst his bubble by beating him again.'

I laughed, knowing how competitive Ron could be, especially when it came to chess. 'Poor Hermione, now she's stuck with chess and she hates losing,' I joked.

Harry nodded in agreement. 'Definitely a nightmare for her,' he agreed with a chuckle.

We both laughed, but I suddenly felt a tickle in my nose and sneezed hard enough to grow long rabbit ears and almost drop one of the ornaments from the box.

'Cold?' Harry asked.

I smiled at his concern as he placed a hand on my forehead. 'Don't worry, I just sniffed in a snowflake,' I reassured him with a laugh.

We continued walking towards the bookstore, making small talk along the way. I mentioned how I wanted to buy some new books for Hermione this year, instead of the usual chess set that she always asked for. Harry nodded in agreement, understanding my desire to change things up.

When we reached the bookstore, the familiar jingle of the doorbell greeted us. 'Hello, Mr. Brown,' I greeted with a smile. 'Merry Christmas.'

'Merry Christmas to you too, Miss Luminhood,' Mr. Brown replied with a warm smile. 'What can I help you with today?'

'Three new books from your latest, please,' I requested, knowing that Hermione would be delighted with the latest releases from her favorites. As we waited for Mr. Brown to retrieve the books from the back, I turned to Harry.

As we were browsing through the books, I came across a strange symbol that caught my attention. It was engraved on the cover of a book called 'The Lost Heir'. I opened the book and found a note written inside.

'To the one who holds the key to the truth, to unlock the memories deep within the fruit?' I read to myself. 'That is definitely the most cliché way to write a note with such a rhyme. 'Fruit,' I scoffed.