Qingguo Lanyan【5】

: Lan Yan (Part 5)

  Bai Luo received things from Jimo Lin from time to time, including snacks, tea tribute from the palace, exquisite gadgets, calligraphy, paintings, pens, ink, paper and inkstones.

  Most of the things in the study were sent by Jimo Lin. Bai Luo reciprocated the favor and asked the housekeeper to choose some expensive things from the warehouse.

  On this day, Bai Luo and Jimo Lin came back from the restaurant after dinner, and saw a man standing motionless at his door from a distance.

  Hearing the voice of someone coming from behind, the man turned around. Bai Luo was startled. He looked familiar. He saw the man staring at him with red eyes and a fierce look on his face, as if he wanted to pounce on him and eat him. Bai Luo wondered if this person was going to rush over and beat him up in the next second.

  He shouldn't have offended this person.

  "You'd better live a good life, otherwise," the man said almost through gritted teeth, looked at him hatefully for a few seconds, and then left without looking back.

  The porter saw Bai Luo coming back and ran over to greet him, "Master, you are back. Prince Zhao has been waiting for you for an hour. I even refused to ask him to go to the mansion to wait."

  Is that middle school boy Prince Zhao? Waiting for him for an hour just to say a few harsh words to him? Bai Luo struggled with it for a while and then put it in the back of his mind.

  The next day, after breakfast, Bai Luo planned to copy two copybooks, but he didn't know what to do next to pass the time.

  "Master, today the soldiers are leaving for the border town. There are many people going to see them off. Do you want to see them off?"

  Bai Luo has heard about this. The areas around the border town often invade the surrounding territory and rob grain, cattle and horses. They have never been very careful. Peaceful, small frictions are constant. The prince was the main fighting faction, and King Zhao also asked himself to lead troops to the expedition. The emperor agreed to send troops to the expedition. Today is the day when Dianjiang and Dianjiang set out for battle.

  "Let's go and have a look too." It's not easy for the soldiers to defend their home and country, and they can't do anything else, so it's okay to give him a gift to show your appreciation.

  The scene was spectacular, and Bai Luo felt very excited when he saw it. The soldiers were arranged neatly, with great momentum, the swords were shining with a sharp light, and the slogans were loud. Bai Luo instantly felt the spirit of sacrificing one's life and forgetting one's righteousness. Looking at some of the soldiers next to him holding The women who wiped their faces with handkerchiefs knew that he was not the only one who felt this way.

  Bai Luo looked at the few men in front of him who were riding tall horses and wearing armor. Wasn't one of them the King Zhao who stood at the door of his house yesterday and threatened him?

  King Zhao looked in Bai Luo's direction as if feeling something, his eyes widened in surprise. Bai Luo felt that something shiny was dripping from the corner of King Zhao's eyes, and the look in his eyes was very sad and sad.

  Bai Luo dreamed of these eyes when he went to bed at night. When he woke up, he couldn't remember what he dreamed about, only the feeling of sadness lingered in his heart.

  The emperor was seriously ill and abdicated in favor of the prince. Not long after the enthronement ceremony was held, and before all handover arrangements were completed, the Supreme Emperor passed away. The whole country is in mourning and banquets, weddings and banquets are prohibited.