Chapter 4

Two weeks had passed since the conclusion of filming of Cedar's Eve and it was day one of the press tour.

Thankfully, it did not involve flying.

In the hushed anticipation of a backstage dressing room, Eden sat before the brightly lit vanity mirror, surrounded by an array of makeup brushes and cosmetics. The air was thick with the buzz of whispered conversations and the distant murmur of the production crew prepping for filming.

Dressed in a robe, Eden closed her eyes as the makeup artist, a skilled magician in his own right, began his artistry. The gentle touch of the makeup brush transformed the dressing room into a sanctuary of creativity.

In came Asher, as loud and obnoxious as ever.

"My baby!" He hollered.

"Hi dad." Audrey greeted cheerily.

"Hi Pumpkin, I was talking about her." Asher clarified, giving Audrey a kiss on the head. He turned his attention to Eden again.

"I told you Big Daddy Olstein would be here, here I am! In the flesh. Your wish is my command, Princess." He put his hands on Eden's shoulders, earning a nasty glare from Filipe, the makeup artist.

"Asher." Eden stated warningly.

"Don't even ask, the answer is yes. Anything for you."

"Okay so go ahead and get on with your day. I don't need you here, it will be immensely distracting."

Asher's face dropped, "But I'm your manager! I'm supposed to be here."

"Manage the bookings Asher. Once you secure them, I take it from there. I do not need you here."

"Rawr, always so sassy." Asher tsked. "They gave a list of questions that you will be asked, do you want to rehearse?"

"Yes, alone. Please leave it on the chair and exit. Mwah." Eden responded, without once opening her eyes.

Filipe snickered, this time it was Asher giving him the evil eye. Asher finally yielded to his client's will and departed the dressing room.

As the stylist moved on to hair, Eden silently went over the questions, considering the pros and cons of each potential response.

After dressing in a cashmere, color-blocked, long sleeve dress and chunky heels. It was time. She got her mic pac on and walked on to the small, intimate set.

Her designated spot was next to Mateo's and across from the interviewers. In the background, was a blown up picture of Mateo and Eden in the infamous, last scene's kiss.

Mateo soon joined Eden and took his seat next to her.

"Hey stranger." Mateo beamed. "How many years has it been?"

Eden shirked, "A moment or two."

"That's an Eden answer if I have ever heard one." Mateo chuckled. "I don't know if you have heard, but I bought a new place."

"Really?! How great, Mateo!" Eden patted his knee.

"Thank you, yeah, I just figured it was time for a change."

"Change is good! Where at?"

Mateo grinned, "Hancock Park."

Eden covered her mouth in surprise, "Hancock Park!" she exclaimed.

It was clear that he was proud to divulge the information. Hancock Park was usually filled with old money. It was no small feat for a young, Afro-Latino male to secure property out there.

"Oh you've arrived, huh? Look at you! Congrats." She said,

"I'm uh I'm having a little house warming tonight, you should come by."

Eden put up a dainty hand and waved, signaling a no.

"No, it's not that kind of party. It's just some of my close friends, it's not the Hollywood rah-rah. I promise."

Eden's eyebrow raised as she considered the invite.

"Plus ones allowed?"

"Not for others. I couldn't tell you no though."

Tsk, tsk, tsk. If I didn't know any better, I would say you are flirting Mateo. Eden thought.

"Good, I do not appreciate being told no." Eden could not hold back her smile. "Send me the details, I will see."

"Is that a yes?"

"I will see."

"What if I told you that I don't like being told no, either?"

"I suppose I would tell you 'that's too bad'." Eden answered honestly.

Before Mateo could come up with a countering statement, Genevive, the interviewer, walked in. Eden stood to her feet as she charismatically greeted her, complimenting her outfit. Mateo watched Eden, admiration in his eyes, an admiration he could not control.

"Thank you all for tuning in! I am your host, Geneive, and I'm so excited to be here with Eden Grace Hydari and Mateo Garcia, stars of Cedar's Eve that comes to Theaters this Winter. Eden, Mateo...I'm so happy to have you both, thank you for coming."

"Genevieve, thank you. We've been looking forward to this for weeks."

Mateo nodded in agreement.

"There is so much our viewers want to know about you both and about the movie. So, to start, what kind of person do you think would really love this film?"