Chapter 17

Moni passed the fed baby to Eden, Eden gently rubbed and patted Lolade's back.

"Aw, you are a natural. Motherhood would suit you." Moni's smile was as warm-hearted as always, she then lowered her voice. "I hope I don't offend you in asking this."

"I'm a big girl. I can handle it." Eden assured.

"I know for big celebrities like you, your timeline is different from the rest of us. Do you imagine yourself having children?"

"Oh, absolutely, you don't offend me. I always knew I wanted children, though I will say I never met anyone whom I wanted children with... That is, until, you know."

"Until, Levi?"

"Until Levi." Eden replied with the air of reflection around. "He would be an excellent husband and perhaps an even better father. He has completely swept me off my feet."

"Aww. You are in love." Moni scoffed. "The same Eden who is easily disgusted is now in love."

"Oh, whatever." Eden started to laugh.

She continued, "How has motherhood been treating you?"

Moni's smile turned bittersweet. "Well, we thank God, hm? She's my answered prayer."

Eden's smile slightly fell when she noticed the change in Moni's voice.

"How has it been, Moni?" Eden questioned again.

Moni sighed. "I love her. I love her more than anything or anyone... I feel bad that I feel so bad."

"As in...Sad, maybe?"

"Very." Moni replied somberly. "I never imagined this motherhood thing to be so challenging, hai."

Eden placed a comforting hand on Moni's shoulder, "I'm so sorry you're going through this, Moni. It takes strength to recognize and talk about it. What does it feel like for you?"

Moni looked down, struggling to find the right words. "I just feel overwhelmed all the time. I love my baby, but there are moments when I can't shake this sadness and guilt. I don't even recognize myself sometimes."

Moni wiped away a fast rolling tear, "What if something happens to her? God forbid, I can't even handle the thought."

"Hey, let's find a specialist for you to—."

"No, no, no, no way. Eden, I'm sad, I'm not crazy."

"Moni, it's not a matter of craze. Truly, I just think it would be helpful."

"No, Eden. Ejo, I'm not interested."

Before Eden could respond, her phone buzzed twice, notifying her of the incoming messages from Levi.

Baby. I'm here.

Come unlock the door.

Moni peered over, "Is he here?"

"Yes, but this conversation isn't over."

"It's over. Oti pari." Moni refuted.
(It's over.)

Eden handed Lolade back to Moni and got up from where they were seated. With each step closer to the front door, her heart fluttered more and more.

Her heart raced with anticipation.

It had been two long months since she last saw Levi, her handsome fiancé. The distance had been agonizing, but night had come they would finally be reunited. As she reached for the doorknob, a mix of excitement and nervousness bubbled within her.

With a deep breath, Eden turned the handle, and the door creaked open to reveal Levi standing on the other side. His smile was like a burst of sunshine, warming her heart instantly.