Chapter 15

-Two Months Later-

In a tender moment, Eden asked, "Do you ever wonder if we've met in another life? That our souls have danced together in a different time and place?"

Alex, his voice filled with sincerity, replied, "I do, Cheyenne. And perhaps, in every lifetime, we find each other again, drawn together by an invisible thread that binds us across the ages."

Eden sat on the desk, uncrossing and re-crossing her legs. "Ah."

"There's something about the way you challenge me professionally that makes me look forward to coming to work every day."

"What would your wife say?" Eden seductively questioned.

"Probably the same thing your boyfriend would say." Alex grabbed Eden's hand, "Run away with me, Cheyenne."

"SCENE!" The director called out, signaling the end of filming. "Beautiful job everyone, that's a wrap!"

The entire room erupted in reverbing applause. Eden graciously bowed and blew out kisses at the crew that sang her praises.

Eden was helped off the stage by the stage hand and was led back to the dressing room with Audrey and Felipe by her side.

Eden was nearly running. She felt as though she could not leave fast enough.

After a grueling two months of back-to-back bookings, Sarah, Sam, Moni and their new baby Lolade were in town to support Eden at the Oscars.

It had been a lonely time for Eden without the company of her family or even her love. She was apprehensive yet equally excited for Sam and Levi to meet. Eden dually felt nervous and grateful to reunite with Sarah.

Audrey followed closely behind Eden, "Ma'am, the private chef has arrived. They began preparing food about thirty minutes ago."

"Thank you, Audrey." Eden replied in a sing-songy tone. Eden got into the back seat of the car and waved off Felipe, "I will call you later!"

"Bye girl!"

Audrey got into the backseat next to Eden, "Mr. Moore is calling, ma'am."

"Will you answer it please?" Eden requested while unstrapping her heels. Audrey answered the phone, placed it on speaker phone and tilted it towards Eden, "Hi honey!"

"Baby, am I on speaker phone?"

"Yes, Audrey is here. Say hi!"

"Hey Audrey." Levi replied with a chuckle. "I'm glad you are in a good mood, because—."

"Oop, do I need to take you off speaker? Oh and did you arrive yet? My siblings are already at my house, I can't wait to see you, my love."

"That's what I called you about. My flight was delayed."

"What? Levi! Why?"

"Flights get delayed sometimes, I don't know. I do know that I will be on the next flight out."

"The Oscar's are tomorrow."

"I know, baby. I will be there. I wouldn't miss this for the world."

Eden sighed, feelings of disappointment joined the roaster with the rest of her emotions.

Levi continued, "I should be there by 11 tonight."

"Audrey, remind me to lock the doors by 10:59, not a moment later." Eden jokingly requested.

"Am I still on speakerphone? Take me off."

Eden's face heated up, she felt like fanning herself. She did not know what Levi wanted to say, however she knew him well enough to know that what he wanted to say would be nasty.

"Audrey, go ahead and hang up." Eden said lowly before telling Levi goodbye, "We can have that conversation later, honey. Love you."

"I love you too, baby."

The call ended, Eden sat back in her seat. She had been on set since 6 am that morning and was exhausted. If she had any hopes of being lively and engaged to entertain her family that night, she would need to rest.

"Audrey, please take a message for any other calls that come through. I'm going to take a quick nap."

Eden closed her eyes and gently drifted to sleep.