Chapter 27

The sun dipped below the Atlanta skyline, casting a warm, golden glow over the city. Eden and Levi, two souls deeply in love, found themselves standing on the steps of the historic Atlanta City Hall. The decision to marry had been spontaneous, fueled by their unwavering commitment to each other.

Eden, with her radiant smile, clutched a bouquet of roses that Levi had picked up for her as they were on their way. Levi, dressed in a simple yet elegant suit, couldn't hide the excitement in his eyes. Hand in hand, they ascended the steps, the courthouse doors opening to welcome them.

Inside, the air was charged with anticipation as they navigated the bureaucratic maze to obtain a marriage license. The bureaucratic process seemed to take an eternity, but as always, Levi knew a guy who knew a guy that was able to make it happen for the two.

Finally armed with the necessary paperwork, they were directed to a small, intimate courtroom where a friendly judge awaited. The courtroom, adorned with wooden paneling and a subtle air of history, would bear witness to the union of two souls bound by love.

As the judge began the ceremony, Eden and Levi exchanged heartfelt vows, promises that echoed through the courtroom. There were no elaborate decorations, no grand audience, just the echo of their voices and the beating of their hearts. The judge pronounced them husband and wife, and in that moment, the simplicity of their union felt profound.

As Eden and Levi exited the courthouse hand in hand, they were met with the gentle evening breeze that whispered promises of a lifetime. The city lights sparkled, illuminating the path ahead as they began their journey back home.

"I can't believe we're married," Eden said, her eyes reflecting the glow of the city.

Levi squeezed her hand, a mixture of excitement and contentment in his voice, "It feels like a dream, but one I never want to wake up from."

Levi drove them back home. A new air felt in the atmosphere throughout the entire ride. Upon arriving, , they stood before the door, a symbolic threshold into their shared life. Levi fumbled with the keys, a mischievous glint in his eye. "Ready for the grand entrance, Mrs. Moore?"

Eden laughed, "That has a ring to it."

Effortlessly, Levi then picked Eden up into his arms, carrying her into their home. She wrapped her arms around his neck, enjoying the view from 6'5 above. Eden couldn't contain her enthusiasm. "I can't wait to tell everyone," she said, envisioning the reactions of their friends and family.

"That can wait. Tonight is just for me and you." Levi set Eden down but held on to her hand, with his free hand he got the remote to turn on the surround sound speakers.

She smugly teased him as she hugged on to his side, "Mr. Moore, I have never known you to be a dancer."

"I can be anything for my wife." Levi replied without missing a beat, he winked at her.

"The sweet talking truly does not stop, huh?"

"You will have to get used to this baby." Levi set the remote down as the song started up, "Come here."

The first few notes of the instrumental started and Eden's eyes widened with realization. "Oh! I love this song, you picked well, honey."

Eden and Levi's living room transformed into a haven of romance as the haunting chords of "Love Me Tender" by Elvis Presley enveloped them. They moved gracefully across the room, guided by the tender lyrics of the song. Levi's hands securely cradled Eden's body, his head resting on hers as they swayed.

"Love me tender,

Love me sweet,

Never let me go.

You have made my life complete,

And I love you so."

The subtle scent of Eden's perfume lingered in the air, mingling with the timeless melody, charging Levi up with a desire difficult to control.

"Love me tender,

Love me true,

All my dreams fulfilled.

For my darlin' I love you,

And I always will."

Every step, every twirl, every graze made Eden come more and more alive. Undeniably, Levi knew how to hold a woman. He was not the man who needed to boast on his capabilities, he was a man whose actions testified for him. He caressed the low of Eden's back in a way that only a skilled lover could.

The grip of his big hands on her body was firm, exploratory yet respectful. His touch was kind. His touch was romance, turned passion, turned fire.

"Love me tender, love me long

Take me to your heart

For it's there that I belong

And we'll never part"

As the song drew to an end, Levi spun Eden around in one final, slow turn. Eden facetiously bowed, Levi applauded her, a big smile on his face.

Eden put a hand on Levi's broad chest, "I will go and make you something to eat."

"I am not hungry for food, Eden."

She sheepishly smiled, "Is that right?"

"You know that's right."

"Mm." Eden took a step back from him, tauntingly walking up the stairs. "Help yourself."

Levi followed behind while unbuttoning his dress shirt. He finally had the green light from Eden that he had long awaited, he simply could not wait to fully be with his new wife.