Chapter 10

Later that night, Eden had stepped out of a long, steamy bath and into a plush robe. While she took no short cuts with her skin care, she was exhausted and just wanted to sleep. There was a panging anxiety brewing in her chest. A knowing that her work schedule had surpassed her ability to keep up. She did her best to push the thoughts away.

They wouldn't call it work if it were easy, Eden. This is your dream. She firmly told herself, her sentiment null of any self-compassion.

After she re-entered her bedroom, she lit her candle on the bedside next to her Bible.

Right on time, the video call came through.

Eden flipped off her bonnet, allowing the long hair to flawlessly cascade down her back. She let the call ring until the last minute before answering.

Levi smiled brightly at the sight of her, "About time."

"Oh you waited for but a moment."

"A moment too long." Levi teased, "How was your day, gorgeous?"

"Rather busy but it went well. How was yours?"

"Busy indeed. It was a series of back-to-back meetings – due diligence, negotiations, you name it, today it happened."

"Goodness. I'm surprised you are still awake. Isn't it...midnight your time?"

"It is. I will be going to bed soon. I had to first book a flight," Levi glanced away from his computer screen and to his phone, "And talk to my lady of course."

"Always sweet talking." Eden rolled her eyes in feigning annoyance.

She continued, "Where are you going?"

"Seattle. There's a few meetings I have to attend."

"Ooo, have you been there before?"

Eden had always been captivated by the city. From its harmonious blend of natural and its urban elements. The city was embraced by the breathtaking Cascade and Olympic mountain ranges, while the iconic Space Needle punctuated the skyline. Waterfront views of Puget Sound added a touch of serenity, complementing the lush greenery. It seemed like there was so much to see and explore.

Well, at least it did according to pictures, Eden had never been.

"I go a few times a year. I had actually considered moving out there for a bit, Atlanta just made more sense in the end." Levi looked at the camera again, "Would you like to join me?"

"Hm, I don't think I can." Eden responded with a slight pout. "My schedule is crazy...but I could use the time away."

"Come for the weekend. The 14th to the 16th."

Eden checked the calendar on her phone, "...That should be fine."

"'You sound so unsure." There was a concern in Levi's tone, lightening up his statement he then said, "I have wanted to see you again ever since New York."

"I'll go, but only because I have always wanted to see Washington."

"So not to see me, huh?" Levi laughed out loud, "You will do anything but admit that you have feelings for me."

"This isn't about you, Levi, it's about Washington. Please focus." Eden remarked jokingly, flipping hair off her shoulder. She laughed as well.

"Look at you." Levi gushed, a twinkle in his ocean blue eyes. "I love it when you laugh like that."

"Well, what can I say. I suppose you have grown on me just a smidge. I feel happy when I talk to you, how about that."

"I'll take that. I can hardly wait."