Chapter 14

There was something magical about waking up in each other's arms, shrouded in an unprofessed love and devotion.

Eden turned to face Levi, he smiled and adorned her face with kisses galore. She gently ran her fingers through his soft, luscious hair. Her hand trailed down to his chiseled jawline that she traced.

An intimate touch that she had acted out dozens of times before, two dozen just in Cedar's Eve alone.

But this time it was different.

It was real. So real it sent shivers up her spine and back down again.

Eden turned her eyes to Levi's once more. Nervous and emotionally exposed, Eden let out a smile, shy laugh.

Her gaze on him was intent. "Am I losing my mind?"

"No. You aren't, baby, I feel it too." Levi placed his big hand on the peak of Eden's hip, ever so slightly gripping on. "I love you, Eden."

Speechless and captivated.

Her heart skipped several beats.

He continued, "I want to share my life with you. Eden, I want to marry you. Come back to Atlanta with me."

Eden's heart overflowed with joy, it could practically burst. The joy quickly turned to a sadness, rooted in fear.

"Oh, Levi. I love you too, I do." Eden smoothed her hand down his muscled arm. "But..."

"But?"

"I can't go to Atlanta. My whole life, my career, is in LA."

"Baby, you talked to me for hours last night about how tired you are and how much you need a break."

"This is my break, what we are doing right now. Whether it's my desire or not, I have to go back to work. I guest star in a series tomorrow, goodness, which reminds me I truly should rehearse my lines."

Eden quickly hopped out of bed, shuffling about to find her iPad.

Levi watched on as Hurricane Eden blizzarded to and from. Her typical composure was now frantic.

He sat up in the bed, "Eden, can you come and sit down so we can talk?"

"Levi, I need to rehearse my lines."

Levi then got up from the bed, meeting Eden across the room next to her luggage. He held her by both her shoulders.

He said, "Don't you think that finding your iPad can wait? Eden, I just told you that I want to marry you."

Eden was now avoiding eye contact. "I heard you."

"Do you not feel the same way? This would be a very good time to let me know."

She huffed.

Even in her moment of fluster, the last thing she wanted was for Levi to misunderstand her true feelings. Taking a deep, grounding breath, she calmed enough to communicate directly.

"I do feel the same. I would love for us to be together forever, but that feels like a dream. A fairytale, even."

With sincerity and compassion, Levi questioned, "What are you afraid of?"

"I did not say I was afraid."

"But you are." He held her hands, drawing her closer to him. "Tell me what you are scared of."

"I worry that I will have to choose between you and my career."

"Why would you have to choose?"

"Well, I do not know, it is just like...Goodness, the industry I'm in is not optimal for family life or being in one location for very long. If it were up to me, I would not travel for work but I have to, Levi. How can I be a wife and mother with a schedule like this? Even to spend these two days with you took so much coordination."

"That's valid."

"So you agree?"

"Not at all." Levi sat on the edge of the bed, pulling Eden on to his lap. "You don't have to choose between me and your career, Eden. I will never ask that of you. I don't need to share the stage with you, I don't want to either. All I have wanted from the beginning has been your heart."

A tremendous weight of anxiety rolled off her shoulders in that instant. She turned to better face him, a sweet smile grew on her face.

Levi continued, "Commit to me, baby. Marry me"

Eden emitted the love she felt inside, now wrapping her arms around his broad shoulders. They then shared a kiss. Levi pulled out of the kiss and he opened the night stands drawer, pulling out a small velvet box.

Eden's eyes sparkled with anticipation.

He opened the box, revealing one of the most marvelous jewels Eden had ever laid her eyes on.

"Oh my."

The ring was a true masterpiece, featuring a large, radiant canary diamond at its center, bathed in a warm, golden glow. The diamond seemed to hold the essence of sunshine within its facets, radiating a brilliance that set it apart from the traditional white diamonds. It was nestled in a setting of intricate yellow gold, with smaller, white diamonds adorning the band, creating a dazzling symphony of light and color.

The ring seemed to capture the very essence of Eden's vivacious spirit, her warmth, and the joy she brought into his life.

From the moment of purchase, Levi had been imagining her eyes lighting up with delight as she gazed upon this stunning symbol of their love.

"Will you marry me?"

Eden's hands flew to her mouth, tears of joy welling in her eyes. She nodded, unable to find words as she looked at the stunning ring that would soon find its home on her finger.

"A million times yes, Mr. Moore."

Without uttering another word, Levi leaned in, capturing Eden's lips in a tender and passionate kiss. Time seemed to suspend as they embraced, sealing their commitment. God above was the witness to their love story, and as they pulled away, their eyes spoke volumes – a promise of a future filled with love, laughter, and countless kisses to come.