Chapter 13

After dinner, Eden began to pack for her weekend trip with Levi. Meanwhile, Sam was assisting Sarah with gathering her belongings.

It was a bittersweet feeling for Eden. Her heart was heavy that her sister would no longer share a home with her, but she was grateful that Sarah would be getting the support that Eden was unable to provide. In addition, she felt dread for what the following week's schedule looked like. In her heart, she wished the weekend would last a month.

Maybe two.

The morning of Eden boarded the flight to Seattle with excitement and nestled into her seat.

An unexpected sadness settled within her.

As the landscape further blurred outside, her energy dwindled. Her dissatisfaction grew pronounced.

The rhythmic clatter of wheels on the tracks matched the pounding in her head. Eden, usually vibrant and savvy, now found solace in a quiet corner, wrapped in a blanket of discomfort.

I'm toiling, God, working unendingly and now for what? A house with no family in it. Fans who love the idea of me. Why do I feel this sadness?

The journey became a battle between her will and the relentless symptoms that whispered of an impending storm within.

The flight was thankfully short, touching down in the Seattle Airport only two-ish hours after leaving home.

Levi had made the travel arrangements, scheduling a car to pick Eden up and to drop her off at the rental house that they would be staying in.

A calm swept over Eden as she stepped out of the private car. Her eyes widening in awe at the sight of the beautiful, big Airbnb that awaited her in Bellevue, Washington. The property was nestled in a quiet neighborhood, surrounded by lush greenery, and boasted a modern facade that hinted at the luxury within.

The front door swung open, revealing a spacious and elegantly decorated living area bathed in natural light. Eden's gaze swept across the room, taking in the stylish furnishings and tasteful decor. Floor-to-ceiling windows framed a picturesque view of the evergreen landscape, and she could already imagine enjoying her morning coffee while basking in the tranquility of the surroundings.

Making her way to the bedrooms, Eden discovered cozy sanctuaries adorned with plush linens and thoughtfully chosen artwork.

In the masters suite, Eden was greeted by the most charming and sublime bouquet of roses she had ever seen. The deep red roses were elegantly surrounded with baby breath flowers.

Eden's breath was taken away.

She gently picked up the bouquet and admired the flowers more closely, allowing her delicate touch to run over the soft petals. Then, Eden noticed the small, white, place card. The note read:

"Along with my attention, you have my heart. I will be there soon."

Always sweet-talking. Eden scoffed though an insuppressible smile was on her face. She sat on the edge of the bed and re-read the little note, feeling the butterflies all over again.

And again.

At that moment, Eden made the decision to be fully present in her time with Levi for the weekend. There was nothing, realistically, that she could do for her career or for Sarah at that time. If Levi was showing up for her, she wanted to brush her busy thoughts aside and show up for him as well.

Step one in that plan was to relax.

In the master's suite bathroom, Eden started a hot bath for herself, adorning with water with one of the bath bombs that were to choose from.