Chapter 21

Monday morning. It was a busy day for Eden from the time her eyes opened.

Eden was preparing breakfast for the house while Levi sat at the kitchen island on his laptop. Not only was he attending to matters pertaining to his career, but was also helping Eden with the logistics of her upcoming move.

Eden poured coffee beans into the back of the Espresso machine. She said, "I mean truly, Mr. Moore, if you are giving me a choice. I think I'd opt for a house over a big wedding."

Levi's eyes sparkled as he smiled, "Who said you have to choose?"

"Hm, your sweet talking persists." Eden smirked, leaning against the counter. "Be careful now."

"You think this is sweet talking?" Levi questioned flirtatiously, he reached out for Eden's waist and drew her close. His head nestled into the crook of her neck as his lips showered her in kisses. Eden shamelessly giggled while squirming within Levi's grasp.

"Levi!" Eden hushedly yelled, while still laughing, "What is getting into you?"

"Shhhh." In one swift motion, Levi scooped Eden up and onto the counter. He stood in between her legs, both of his hands held her hips. "I can't help myself around you."

"Well, you will just have to help yourself, I am making breakfast!" Eden playfully slapped Levi's arm, earning no reaction.

"Are you saying no?" Levi snickered, then kissed Eden again.

"A ring should first be on my finger." Eden prudishly crossed her arms over her chest, tightening her robe. "Have some decorum, Mr. Moore."

"A ring? What is that right there?"

"Oh this?...Oh my!" Eden put a hand to her cheek.

Levi took a step back to give Eden space, he knew what was coming next. He said, "Here we go again."

Eden hopped off the counter top, outstretching her hand out. Eden said "You can't cry on a diamond's shoulder, and diamonds won't keep you warm at night, but they're sure fun when the sun shines."

From the foyer, Sarah asked, "Is she doing her Elizabeth Taylor impression again?"

"Yup." Levi responded, taking the spatula from the table to go and mix the eggs that were on the stove.

"You all are just jealous! See, that's what I need to do next, honey. I need to do a classic 1950's, black and white, film." Eden fawned as she hugged on to Levi from behind him.

Sarah, who was now in the kitchen, scoffed. "Girl, ain't nobody trying to watch no racist old movie just cause you want to channel Marilyn Monroe."

"Ah, and that's where you are wrong Sarah. People would pay good money to see yours truly, in—"

"Pearl, red lipstick and pin curls, we know." Sarah snickered, making a bee-line for the fragrant, macadamia and vanilla flavored coffee that was brewing. "We all know about your weird 50's obsession. You should have been born back then."

"It's 50's beauty and film, Sarah, there is a difference. No part of me desires to have lived through segregation." Eden poignantly corrected. She then took the spatula back from Levi, regaining control of the food being prepared.

"Baby, it sounds like that is what you need to do next." Levi replied as he took his seat once more, in front of the laptop.

"No one is making movies like that."

"Then you make it yourself. You said you wanted to take a go at directing, now is probably your chance, especially after winning a literal oscar."

"Honey, that takes so much money." Eden responded, shaking her head.