Chapter 20

It was madness the moment the award show concluded.

Droves of people moved to and from, all in hopes of congratulating Eden and getting a word from Eden. It was enough that she had just won an Oscar but on the public stage, she had finally given the name to who Hollywood had been referring to as Mystery Man.

Security formed a barrier between her and the press as she climbed into the back of the SUV.

Sarah and Sam got into the car with her.

"Lets goooooo! Eden! My sister has an Oscar!!!!" Sarah hollered all while doing a little dance. "We have to celebrate, where are we going?!"

"Oh, Sarah, I'm going home. I'm exhausted." Eden replied truthfully. The emotional highs of the day had her feeling worn out.

"That's okay, Edy. You need to rest. Moni has been blowing my phone up, she is so excited. We all are." said Sam.

"Thank you, you don't know what your encouragement has done for me and my work. I appreciate you for being the father we never had and closer than a friend."

"For real, we'd probably be dead without you." Sarah said, earning a look from both Sam and Eden.

"I love you guys. I will always be there for you both."

"We love you too." Eden said as she leaned her head on Sam's shoulders, just like old times.

The rest of the ride went by peacefully. The three siblings sat in a comfortable, unprovoked silence. They basked in the moment, reflecting and reminiscing internally.

By the time they got back to Eden's house it was closer to midnight.

Eden was pleased to see Levi's rental car parked up front, desperately she looked forward to enjoying quiet time with him.

In the house, Eden was rushed by Moni and thoroughly celebrated. It was not too long after where she had to politely step away to turn in for the night.

Levi, who was making himself a drink, quickly finished and followed Eden up the winding staircase.

For a country boy, Levi always knew how to put himself together. His blonde hair was impeccably styled, He dressed in a tailored black suit that accentuated his broad shoulders and trim waist, he exuded a timeless charm that captivated the eye of women everywhere.

Levi closed the door behind him and stood in place. He was admiring Eden. From her beauty, to her heart for family to her talent. He found every bit of her to be remarkable.

His head shook from side to side, "Eden Grace Hydari...You are a wonder, did you know that?"

"Sweet talking is never far from you, Mr. Moore, is it?" Eden asked playfully, walking up to Levi. "Judging by your sweet smile, I'm guessing you aren't upset with me."

"I couldn't stay mad even if I tried."

Now standing face to face, Levi grabbed Eden by the backside and pulled her close to him. Holding her body like someone who had been waiting for their moment all day.

He planted kisses along her bare shoulder, trailing up to her neck. Eden's head tilted in response.

Her voice was low and quiet, "...But about our conversation earlier."

"Mm mm, that can wait." Levi objected, holding on even tighter.

"No, it can't." Eden looked up into Levi's eyes. "I want to be with you, Levi. If your offer still remains, I would like to move in with you...And build that dream."

"Baby, the offer never left the table." Levi replied assuringly. "I love you."

"I love you."