Chapter 5

Night time rolled by and it was time for Mateo's housewarming. Foolishly, Eden had brought along Lyric Doll who blared music the whole ride.

Pulling into the neighborhood, Eden quickly cut the music off. "Okay, Sarah, that's enough."

"Lyric Doll, Eden, when we get there you can't call me by my government name."

Eden glanced at her little sister precarious to whether bringing her with was going to end well.

Eden parked her car in front of the house the GPS led to. A massive, Spanish-inspired home, ornate with the tall arches and paneled windows.

Lyric Doll stepped out of the car and looked up at the house.

"This don't seem like a bachelor pad, Edy, this man is tryna' move somebody's daughter in."

Eden admired the architecture, but held the same feelings as Lyric Doll, this was no bachelor pad.

"You just might be right this time." Eden replied as she checked her reflection against the shiny car door.

The orange, satin gown draped delicately over her form, highlighting her silhouette with a subtle sheen that caught the light. The vibrant hue of the fabric complemented her complexion. Her long, glamorous curls cascade down her shoulders, framing her face. Each curl seems to have a life of its own, bouncing with every step and adding a touch of playful sophistication to her overall demeanor.

Lyric Doll was true to her aesthetic and style as well. She opted for a pin-straight, platinum blonde, wig that was styled with a deep side part and swooping baby hairs. The brightness of the wig created a striking and alluring contrast against Lyric's melanin-rich skin.

She then dressed in a vibrant pink, mini-dress with matching heels, an homage to the 'doll' in her name.

The two began walking towards the large, wooden front door when Eden reached out a hand for Lyric Doll to hold as they went up the steps.

"Seriously?" Lyric Doll scoffed. "Girl, you are Eden Grace Hydari to the world. To me you are my sister, you diva."

Eden waved her off a smile on her face, "My heels are higher."

"No, Edy, you're a diva." Lyric teased, holding on to her sister's hand. "This is exactly why you need a man. A man can tolerate this, I can't."

"Well, Mateo is not looking all too bad anymore. Perhaps I may make a one time exception." Eden playfully implied before ringing the doorbell.

Lyric Doll gasped and hopped up and down. "Oh my gosh! Really?! Edy!"

"Sarah, I said perhaps." Eden quickly shushed Lyric Doll as she heard the lock being twisted at the door. "Behave yourself."

At the sight of Eden and Lyric Doll, Mateo's face displayed a slurry of shock and pleasant surprise.

"Oh! Wow, uh, you actually came. The diva has shown up to something!"

"See, I'm not the only one who thinks you are a diva." Lyric Doll teased under her breath.

Eden gave Lyric a look.

She turned back to Mateo, "This is my younger sister, Sa–"

"Lyric Doll, cause I'm the doll who gots the lyrics." She outstretched her hand to Mateo, batting her eyes. "I've heard alot about you."

"Oh?" Mateo's eyebrows raised, he briefly glanced at Eden.

"Oh yes, my sister is a very big fan. I'm sure an even bigger fan after we have seen this literal mansion! Like dude, how much did this cost?"