Chapter 18

"Why did we stay up so late? That was incredibly foolish. Why did we do that?"

On the other side of the bathroom door, Sarah sat on the ground with her back against the wall. "Girl, will you calm down already? You aren't even late...yet."

"This is a disaster! Absolutely ridiculous!" Eden stepped out of the shower, wrapping the towel tightly around her body. "And where is Felipe? He was supposed to be here thirty minutes ago!"

"I told you to fire him." Sarah taunted in a sing-songy voice.

"I'm not doing this today, Sarah, I am NOT doing it. Get Asher on the phone for me."

"Do I look like Audrey to you?" Sarah questioned with attitude, standing up to her feet. "I aint doin' this either. Let me go find your man, or Audrey, or some damn Prozac for you."

"So go do it then!" Eden yelled back at Sarah.

Eden rubbed her temple on both sides of her head. She felt fully overwhelmed. Endlessly Eden had toiled, to be nominated for an Oscar was recognition enough, it was the biggest moment of her career thus far and it felt like it was on fire.

She attempted to take deep, calming breaths but they were of no avail as she began to quickly start on her skin and body care routine. Eden was in desperate hope of getting back on schedule.

In coming, Levi gently knocked the bathroom door and entered.

Eden turned to him with angry eyes, "And where were you last night?"

"With your brother...Uh, is everything okay?"

"No! It's not okay! Where is Felipe and my glam team?"

"That's probably a question for your assistant, who is down stairs." Levi walked up to Eden and wrapped his arms around her. "Baby, you need to relax."

"But—."

"I know, I know." He kissed the side of her head. "You still need to relax."

Eden exhaled feeling the weight of her nerves slowly roll off. She held onto him. Under her breath, she then said, "I'm sorry. I should not take this out on you, or Sarah or anyone else for that matter. I'm sorry."

"That's okay, baby."

"It's just that...No matter how good or bad I look today, I will be picked apart and scrutinized by thousands, if not millions. I'm tired of working."

"I keep telling you to come back to Atlanta with me."

"You say it like it is so easy." Eden shook her head in annoyance. "This isn't the time for that."

Levi's voice became more serious. "It is easy. You act as if marrying me and living with me will stop you from working? Why are you running from me?"

"It will stop me from working."

"How? There is no shortage of roles for you, Eden. You have been imploding because you are overworked, not because Atlanta will somehow take you off the grid."

"I don't see it that way! Maybe it's not the time for what we are trying to do."

Levi stepped back, "Not the time?"

"Levi, it's not you, it's me. I feel—."

"Don't do that." Levi shook his head. "Don't give me that."

"Levi, you don't understand."

"So help me understand."

Eden sat at the edge of her bathtub and crossed her arms. "I am scared of who I'm becoming...Acting has always been my dream. All I've wanted to do was to perform. Then...You came along. You came along and now, I don't find as much joy in my work. I'm tired, Levi. Acting is, was, my dream and now it's not. Being married and having a kid or two...That's my dream. That scares me."

Levi kneeled down in front of Eden, holding the sides of her legs. His pretty blue eyes looked deeply into the eyes of Eden. So much emotion was non-verbally shared.

"Eden, you are my dream."

"Levi..."

"You are. And I don't want to lose my dream, baby. You've already agreed to marry me, now I'm asking you, come back to Atlanta with me. Let's live this dream together."

Tears welled up in Eden's eyes from the intensity of Levi's profession. She reached out and touched the side of his face, with so much love and adoration.

Words did not leave her mouth. Words could not leave her mouth. Levi's eyes searched Eden's face, eager for an answer. Eager for a way to make sense of what felt like impending heart break.

The tears could no longer be contained, they silently rolled down Eden's cheeks.

Felipe burst into the bathroom with the rest of the glam team. Felipe paused in his tracks, "Woah...Should we come back?"

"No. That's okay, I was just leaving." Levi replied. He patted Eden's leg and stood back up.

Without another word or look, he exited the bathroom.

Eden quickly wiped the tears from her face and prayed a desperate prayer to God for no more tears to come.

She looked back to Felipe with a forced smile. "Let's get this show on the road."