Chapter 8

It was finally time for the much awaited date.

Eden dressed in a form-fitting, little black dress that revealed just enough to be alluring without compromising. Her hair was styled in a long, sleek, ponytail, a modern and chic touch to her overall look. The glossy, straight strands cascade down her back, contributing to the streamlined and polished appearance.

Courtesy of Felipe, Eden's choice of makeup was striking, with vibrant red lips displaying timeless beauty. The bold lip color added a touch of glamor and romanticism. Felipe adorned her eyes with voluminous, cat-eye, lashes. The style gave her look the sultry edge she wanted.

Lastly, she strapped into her pencil thin Stilettos, the cherry on top of the entire ensemble.

Felipe looked at Eden with amazement.

"Girl, next time I see you, you will probably be pregnant."

"Felipe!" Eden hissed. "Disgusting!"

"My bulaklak, it is true. No man will be able to think straight around you, like this."

"You seem to be doing just fine."

"You know my situation." Felipe feigned offense. "Have fun."

"I will. Thank you." Eden hugged her dear friend. "And thank you for coming out to help me tonight, I know you will fly back soon. I appreciate you."

"Anything for you."

They said their goodbyes, and it was finally time to leave.

To Eden's pleasant surprise, Levi sent a car to pick her up and bring her to the impressive Per Se.

As she approached the elegant glass doors of the restaurant, Eden took a moment to appreciate the sleek, modern design that beckoned her inside. The ambient lighting cast a warm glow on the polished surfaces, creating an inviting atmosphere.

Eden stepped into the foyer, where the maître d' greeted her with a warm smile. The maître d' led her through the stylish dining room, past tables adorned with crisp linens and fine china, to a cozy corner with a panoramic view of the city.

Seated comfortably at the table was Levi Moore, as delightful to look at as ever.

Eden felt butterflies in her tummy.

When Levi caught sight of Eden, he stood to his feet and pulled her chair out. His eyes never once left Eden.

She stepped in front of the seat and politely sat down. "Why thank you."

"Thank you." Levi responded as he took his seat. "You truly are something else, Eden. I am just blown away by your beauty."

Her face heated up.

"That is very sweet of you to say. Thank you."

The gentle hum of conversation, the clinking of silverware, and the soft notes of a live piano in the background. Everything about the moment felt just right.

The waiter approached the table with copies of the extensive drink menu, Levi held up his hand, stopping the waiter from placing the menus down.

"I will have a whiskey, bring your best white wine for her, please."

"Right away, Sir." The waiter took the menus and left.

Strike number one.

Eden leaned closer to the table. "Tsk, tsk, tsk, Mr. Moore. Awfully bold of you to order for me."

"Oh, yeah?"

"Absolutely. It is a mystery to me how you would know what I want."

"You don't like red wine."