Chapter 16

"Look Lola, it's your Aunty Edy!"

Those were the first words Eden heard as she entered her home.

Eden's heart filled with joy to see Sarah, Sam and Moni but her heart skipped a beat when she saw a tiny bundle wrapped in a soft, pastel blanket. Eden approached, her steps filled with a mix of awe and tenderness.

"Oh my gosh!"

As she looked down at little Lolade, Eden felt an overwhelming wave of joy and love. The baby, with delicate features and eyes that sparkled with innocence, stirred in her sleep. Eden carefully cradled Lolade in her arms, marveling at the fragility of new life and the miracle of family.

"She's beautiful! Look at my little Lola-pop, ugh, and those cheeks, my goodness!" Eden leaned into Moni, "Thank you so much for coming and bringing her, how are you? Have you been healing okay?"

"My sister." Moni spoke with a faint Nigerian accent, "How can I not be okay? You hired someone to wait on me hand and foot, haba! The pampering was too much."

"You deserve it and all the much more, look at what you made! She is so beautiful."

Sam feigned offense, "You know, I did contribute, I did my thing or whatever."

"Gross." Eden gently handed Lolade back to Moni, freeing her arms to pull Sam and Sarah into a group hug. "I missed you guys so much."

The group hug then transitioned into a hug between Sarah and Eden. They held each other tightly without words to fully express the joy they felt in their reunion.

Both with teary eyes. Eden held Sarah's face in her hands.

No one needed to update Eden before she knew that Sarah had been well. Her face had slightly filled out and there was a refreshed look in her skin.

Sarah smiled with profound pride, she mouthed 'Thank you' to Eden.

Sarah's eyes dropped down to Eden's hand, her eyes grew wide. "Eden! Are you sure he didn't rob a bank?!"

Eden wiggled her fingers to further show off the ring, "Isn't it pretty?"

Moni nudged Sam playfully, "I know what I want for my push present."

"Before or after I sell all of my vital organs?" Sam snickered, he then put a hand around Eden, "Congrats again on your engagement. Where is the white boy anyways?"

"Okay. First of all he is obviously not here yet, second of all, get all of the 'white boys' out of your system now. I don't want to hear it when he gets here."

"Oh come on, you know I'm just playing around. I will play nice."

"You better do. Don't spoil her market." Moni playfully warned Sam.

"Thank you, Moni!"

Eden continued, "Did you guys get settled in your rooms yet? I think dinner should be ready soon."

"Not yet. We were waiting for you to tell us where you wanted us to stay."

"Guys, come on now. You aren't guests. You know where the extra two rooms are. Go and change into something comfortable so we can eat."

Sam's eyebrow raised. "So where will white boy sleep if we are in the guest room? The couch?"

"Ah ah! He will be in her room of course. How can she put her future husband on the couch?" Moni questioned.

"Woman, you put me on the couch all the time!"

"Sam, maybe you should go take a bath or something. Clearly, you are nervous to meet the man who cuddles up in bed with your little sister." Sarah teased, a wicked grin on her face.

"Perhaps, this is enough discussion of what happens between Levi and I behind closed doors, no?" Eden asked, her face hot with embarrassment. "I'm going to get changed and meet you all back down here."

Eden then left the living room, avoiding any further embarrassment, and retreated to her bedroom.

She took a long shower to help unwind for the day and dressed in a long, baby blue, form-fitting, cotton maxi dress. Leaving her face bare, free from makeup, Eden pulled up her hair and put on a nourishing gloss on her lips. In the end, she presented with a clean and cozy look, perfect for the night ahead.

Back down stairs, Moni, Sarah and Sam had re-gathered, all changing into something more casual.

As Lolade took another nap in the portable bassinet, Eden, Sam, Sarah, and Moni gathered around the dining table in Eden's spacious dining room, eager to savor the culinary delights prepared by the private chef.

The room was filled with the tantalizing aroma of exotic spices and savory dishes, setting the stage for a memorable evening.

As they settled into their seats, Eden couldn't help but express her excitement. "I've been looking forward to this all week! I am so grateful that you all came out to support me this weekend."

"Bro, you are nominated for an OS-CAR! An oscar! I'm not gon' miss your moment! I know you finna' win it too." Sarah irrefutably stated.

Just then, Chef Marco entered the room with a flourish, carrying a tray laden with an array of appetizers. He greeted them with a warm smile, "Good evening, everyone! Tonight's menu is a journey through flavors, starting with these delectable hors d'oeuvres."

The group indulged in a variety of bite-sized delights, from crispy spring rolls to savory stuffed mushrooms. Laughter and conversation flowed easily as they sampled each dish, enjoying the combination of flavors meticulously crafted by Chef Marco.

The simple yet artistic star of the show was the main course.

Grilled salmon, perfectly seared steaks, and an assortment of vibrant vegetables adorned their plates. Moni, a Nigerian who only enjoyed Nigerian food, was pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable the meal was.

As the dinner came and went, Eden's anxiety began to grow. The evening was growing late and it was only a matter of time before Levi would show.

Sarah sat on the couch next to Sam, watching a recap of the last NBA game.

Well, Sam, at least watched the game. Sarah's attention was dialed in on the players. She was discerning which DM she would actually respond to.

Moni and Eden sat in the front sitting room having a girl talk while Moni finished feeding baby Lolade.