Chapter 22

It had been three weeks since the Oscars Award Ceremony, Eden had been in a scramble to finish up her obligations for the month and make her move to be with Levi.

Eden had just finished shimmying into her pink pantsuit, she was booked to be a keynote speaker for some woman owned NGO that Asher had somehow tied himself up with.

Eden was taking deep breaths in and out in an attempt to calm the pre-speech jitters she felt. It was one thing to perform on stage where editing and retakes were possible. Speeches were live. It wasn't lost on Eden how the media often attempted to reconstruct and misconstrue her words, for that, she was ever more intentional with every word she publicly spoke.

Press was working hard, but truly, Eden Grace Hydari was working harder.

She was on the far side of the stage, just out of sight from the audience. She was anxiously awaiting for the coordinator to give her the que to enter the stage and give her speech.

"Eden, is that you?"

Eden turned back in response to the voice. She saw Mellissa from the Wellness Whispers podcast. Eden was pleased to see her, she had found Melissa to be surprisingly pleasant.

Eden reached out and gave Melissa a hug, "Hi! How have you been? You look amazing."

"Thank you! As do you! Gosh, I'm so happy to see you!" Melissa squeezed Eden's hand. "I saw the news of your engagement, congratulations!"

"Oh thank you so much. One of these days when our schedules align, we should get together."

"My schedule will be free a whooole lot sooner than later." Melissa said with a wink.

"Contract issues?"

"No, no,no, I'm taking a sabbatical. I will be traveling the world for the next six months."

"Oh wow! That's...That is very surprising, I'm happy for you."

"Thank you, I just needed a break from." Melissa motioned around the room to the lights and cameras. "This. This is too much for my soul. My soul needs rest."

"Good on you for taking that." Eden rubbed the side of Melissa's arm. "I will still be working here and there, but I am taking a step back as well. I will be down in Atlanta with my fiance and focusing on wedding plans."

"Wow! Eden, that's amazing! God be with you in that."

"Whew, God be with you too."

The coordinator came forth, "Sorry to interrupt ladies, Miss. Hydari, you're on."

"I will talk to you later!" Eden waved at Melissa and then had her mic pack switched on. Without another word, she entered the stage, waving at the audience that roared in applause.

Eden stepped up to the podium.

"Oh my, what a gorgeous group we have today, thank you for gathering here today to discuss a topic close to my heart – empowerment through higher education opportunities. Education has the power to transform lives, and when it comes to higher education, the impact is even more profound.

Higher education is not merely a gateway to knowledge; it is a catalyst for personal growth, critical thinking, and societal change. By expanding access to higher education, we open doors for individuals to explore their passions, cultivate their talents, and contribute meaningfully to the world. I fondly think back to my first day at University. It was the stepping stone that took me from life as I knew it into my first supporting role.

In a rapidly evolving global landscape, higher education equips individuals with the skills and adaptability needed to navigate complex challenges. It empowers them to engage with diverse perspectives, fostering a culture of innovation and collaboration that transcends borders. Let us recognize that higher education is not a privilege reserved for a select few but a fundamental right that should be accessible to all. By dismantling barriers to entry, be they financial, cultural, or gender-related, we ensure that everyone, regardless of background, has the opportunity to pursue knowledge and fulfill their potential. Moreover, higher education is a powerful tool for social mobility. It breaks the chains of generational poverty, providing individuals with the means to create a better future for themselves and their communities.

As we expand higher education opportunities, we contribute to building a more equitable and just society."