Chapter 19

Sebastien's POV

All my plans have failed. My plan was to make it up with Evelyn on our vacation and have failed badly. Every time I tried to get close to her, she used to send Emily there. They were trying to show it was just mere coincidence, but I'm not a fool. I know they were doing it intentionally.

We are back in New York now. Everything around me is driving me crazy. All the distance between me and Evelyn is unbearable. I do feel things for her, but it can't be love. I love Bella. My brain is so fucked up now.

Evelyn entered my cabin with the files I asked for.

"How long are you going to avoid me, Evelyn. "

"Sir, let's not talk about personal issues in office. "

She said coldly. I'm not like this at all. She ignores me all the time outside the office and doesn't want to talk about personal issues in the office. So she doesn't want to talk it out .

"Evelyn, you are making me frustrated now."

I stood up from my chair and grabbed her by her waist, and pulled towards my chest .

"Leave me, Sir."

I tried to wiggle out of my hold. It only made my grip tighten on her.

"Not until you promise me that you won't avoid me anymore. I'm trying to figure out my feelings, I love Bella, and I can't just move on that easily. So, I'm just taking my time to sort my feelings out. Please, Evelyn, don't make it hard for me."

I pleaded to her.

"Sebastien, please. Emily is my friend, and I won't do anything that will hurt her feelings."

"Okay, fine, do whatever you want. Sorry for bothering you."

I let go of her hand. I watched her walking out of my cabin. I tried to focus on the work afterward.

I went for an important meeting, but I didn't take Evelyn with me. I took my assistant Samuel. I don't feel like facing Evelyn. Atleast not today.

"Mr Robinson, I'm glad to have this opportunity to work with M&N Fashion. I hope our collaboration brings best for both companies," Theodore said.

"Yes, Theodore, I hope the same. I'm glad to work with you." I replied to him.

Even when my mind was distracted with thoughts of Evelyn, I tried my best to concentrate on the meeting.

"Very well then, tomorrow I'll stop by your office, and we can discuss further things as well as sign the documents ." Theodore said, and I agreed with that arrangement.

After the meeting, I didn't have the energy to go back to the office. I needed a break, so I went straight to my home. I asked Samuel to ga back and manage the rest of the work with Evelyn.

After having a long refreshing hot shower, I went to bed and fell asleep with just a towel wrapped around me. I didn't even bother to wear my clothes.

" Wake up, Sebastien, we need to talk. So get your lazy ass out of the bed."

I heard my mother's voice. groaned internally.

"Why are you here, mom? You didn't tell me you are coming. "

"I don't need to inform you and ask your permission . I can visit my son whenever I want."

She said and sat on the edge of the bed.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" I asked her while rubbing my eyes.

"First, get yourself dressed. " She said and shooed me in the walk-in closet.

I wore my clothes and came back to the room. Mom hugged me and asked,

"How are you, son? You look stressed ."

"I'm just fine, mom. Stress is just because of business, nothing to worry about. "

I lied to her. I can't tell her about Evelyn and how disturbed I'm feeling because of her ignorance.

"You better take care of yourself. If it's too much to handle business, sometimes and you feel like having rest, then you can call your dad. Your dad and I can manage it sometimes. "

"That's not a bad idea. I'll consider it next time if I feel like that." I said.

"So, let's get to the main point. What's going on between between you and Emily?" She asked.

I chuckled and said," Nothing, mom. What's the matter ?"

"That's the whole point, Seb. She is your fiance, and nothing is going on between both of you. What's the matter, son?" she asked.

"You know it very well, mom. Emily and I are not a thing. Even this marriage is also your arrangement. I'm not over with Bella." I told her honestly.

"The reason behind this arrangement was just to make you find happiness again. We wanted you to have a fresh start in your life. On the other hand, Emily is head over heels for you. You are not being fair to her Seb."
She emphasized on the last line.

"Mom, I was very clear with Emily from the beginning. I told her not to expect me to love her. I'm not going to pretend to have feelings for her."

"But son," before she could finish, I cut her off.

"No, if no, but. Either you guys leavd me on my own. Before agreeing to this marriage arrangement, I made myself very clear to you, Emily, and her parents . I told you guys not to expect things from me. You can't force me to love her. I want my space. Please. "

I'm so annoyed with everyone constantly forcing me to love Emily. Even Evelyn is doing that to me. It's driving me crazy.

"Do whatever you want, son. But never make her cry. I won't tolerate you hurting her." She warned me.

"Mom, to be honest, I'm not sure about this marriage anymore . I kind of started liking a girl, but this arrangement is getting in my way."

Her face lit up when she heard about me liking a girl.

"Which girl son? Are you in love with someone?" She asked curiously.

"That's the whole point, mom. I'm not sure if I love her. You know I have Bella in my heart."

Mom was listening carefully and asked me to go ahead.

"See, I kind of started liking her. Things were just beginning. But then Emily came in picture and it's fucked up now. I kind of forgot about my arrangement with Emily. "

I told her about everything from the beginning, how I met Evelyn, and how things got messed up. Mom is more like a friend, so I never hide anything from her.

"Son, you are literally in deep shit. You, for a girl, commitment matters a lot. You said that you don't love her, she must be hurt. And with Emily in your life, she will always feel insecure because you never expressed your love towards her. I suggest you should clear your mind quickly and sort out your own feelings, then talk to Evelyn and Emily both. I don't want you to start your new relationship when you are unsure of your feelings. Otherwise, that relationship will also become like the things between you and Emily. "

"Thanks for understanding me, mom. But I'm still worried about how Emily will react to all this." I was really concerned about Emily.

"Don't worry, Seb. Emily knows that you don't love her. Plus, she is your best friend. I hope she will understand. She went on a business tour with her father. When she comes back next week, then you can talk to her. I'll also inform your father about this because we need to talk to Emily's parents as well. Now that you like someone else, it's unfair to make Emily wait for you and have her hopes high." She said.

"Thank you, mom. That means a lot."

"Me and your father will always support you, son. We set you up with Emily as we hoped that both of you would work out. But things didn't go as expected . We would never want you to get bound in a loveless marriage. It would be so unfair for Emily as well. After so many years, finally, a girl got your attention. Don't let things end like that so easily. "

I hugged mom. Then we had dinner together. I dropped her home and stayed the night at my parents' villa . We even talked about the matter to dad. He also supported me and encouraged me to take things ahead with Evelyn.