Chapter 25

Sebastien's POV

"So, what do you talk about?" I asked her as I made myself comfortable on the couch.

"I broke up with Theodore. " She said, and I could believe my ears. Am I hallucinating or something?

"You did what?" I asked amusingly.

"I broke up with Theodore because I can't be with him when I have someone else in my heart. And I didn't...."

Before she could finish her sentence, I smashed my lips on hers. She was still for a while, and then she was also kissing me back. Our lips move in sink with each other. My arms wrapped around her waist, and I pulled her on my lap. We were putting all our emotions in that kiss.

We broke the kiss, and my forehead was resting against hers. We both were breathing hard.

"Evelyn, please don't leave me ever again. I know I'm not giving you the love you deserve. I just want a little time to get my thoughts together and sort my feelings. I'm still in love with Bella. I can't forget her. But I'm sure of one thing, I can't live without you. "I said.

"Seb, I would never ask you to forget Bella. She was a very beautiful phase of your life. You should always keep that in memories. I will make my own placs in your heart. I won't leave you. I am going to stay by your side. But."

She went silent after that. I frowned when she went quiet.

"But what?" I asked.

"What about Emily? She called me and she was getting so mad. She was crying. I have lost my friend, Seb. I am a bad person. I hurt her." she was sad.

I cupped her cheeks and made her look at me.

"Listen here. You are not a bad person. It's not your fault. I'm at fault, I shouldn't have agreed to that marriage. Because of me, everything became complicated. You selflessly tried to help her, but things didn't work. Don't blame yourself. If she is your true friend, then she will definitely forgive you, and she will be happy for you." I said.

"Will she really forgive me?" She asked.

"Yes, you are such a sweet girl. No one can stay mad at you for too long. Look at myself, I was so mad at you in the beginning, but now I'm crazy for you." I said, and she blushed.

"Now, let me go and make pancakes for you. You were hungry, right? " She said and walked towards the kitchen. I was following her.

"I'll help you." I said.

Both of us wore aprons and started cooking. Or, to be specific, she was cooking, and I was just looking at her.

"Why are you looking at me like that? Is there something on my face?" She asked.

"Yes."

"What?" She asked.

"Cuteness." I pulled her cheeks.

"Ahhh, so cheesy. Stop it, Seb. You are being lame now." She laughed.

"Evelyn, tell me one thing." I said.

"Ask away."

"What are we? What is our relationship status currently?" I asked.

Her face became red at the question.

"We are friends. What else. " she said casually.

"Just friends?" I asked with a pout.

"Oh, Sebastien. Don't try to act cute now. You haven't proposed to me yet and didn't confess your love, so we are just friends. " She said.

"If that's the issue, then I'll propose you right now, right here." I said.

She shook her head, " No, no ,no. I want it to be something special and memorable. "

"Ok ma'am, as you wish. I'll make you mine soon." I back hugged her.

"Eve, how did you change your mind. May be you broke up with Theodore because you don't love him, but you were pretty much adamant not to get between me and Emily. What changed your mind?" I asked.

"Your mother." She replied.

"Mom? How? Did you meet her?" I asked.

"Yes, I met her this morning. She came here to see me." She replied.

What? Mom came to meet Evelyn, and she didn't even inform me.

"What did she come for?" I asked.

"She came to see me because she was concerned about her son getting heartbroken." She told me.

"What did you guys talk about?" I'm curious about every detail of their meeting.

"She made me realize that my decision to sacrifice my love for Emily was so bad. I realized how this would have turned all three of us into the living corpse. Even if I would have walked out of your life, a loveless marriage would have been hell for you and Emily. Also, I was being so unfair to you." She said.

"Thank you, Eve, for giving me a chance. No matter what, I would never break your trust. " I kissed her forehead.

"Seb, don't you smell something strange?" She asked with frown.

I sniffed the air," Yeah, it smells like something is burning. "

Then our eyes went wide in realization. We were so engrossed in the conversation that we almost forgot about the pancakes.

She quickly turned off the stove.

"They are all burnt." She said sadly.

"Let's order something. " I suggested, and she nodded.

We ordered some pancakes, potato wedges with sour cream, red sauce spaghetti, and caramelized mushroom Flatbread.

After having the meal, we spent the rest of the day cuddling and watching movies.

"Can I stay the night here?" I said with puppy eyes.

"I already told you Seb, Sana is coming for the sleepover tonight, so you have to go back home. "

I sighed at her statement. Sana is being a third wheel here.

"Then, can I get a hug before going?" I pouted.

"Come here," She pulled me into embrace.

"I'll miss you, Eve." I said.

"I'll miss you too, Seb. Now you should leave before Sana arrives. Otherwise, she will tease me about this." She said.

"Bye," I said.

"Bye, drive safely. " She said.

"Won't you come down to see me off?" I complained.

She chuckled and came with me. It's already dark. We were standing outside the building under the streetlight.

"So, are you going to leave or what?" She raised her brow at me.

"Ok, I'm going. " I gave a goodbye kiss on her cheek and started to walk backward while looking at her. I can't take my eyes off from her. She was laughing at me.

She looked at the right, and suddenly, her expressions changed into horror. My brows frowned at her worried expression, and I also looked at the direction she was looking before.

My eyes went wide, and before I could react, I heard her screaming.

"Sebastien."