Chapter 8

Evelyn's POV

I am so nervous about the presentation. this deal means a lot to Sebastien, and I don't want to make any mistakes. Otherwise, he'll fire me.

"Let's go, Evelyn," Sebastien said, and we went to the meeting room.

Sebastien shook hands with Mr Parker, and we greeted them.

"Welcome, Mr. Parker. I hope you are doing well. This is Evelyn, my secretary. She will be the one giving the presentation today. " Sebastien said.

"Hello Evelyn, pretty name for a pretty lady," Mr Parker said while smiling at me, and I smiled back. Something about his gaze was making me uncomfortable.

Everyone settled at their place, and I started the presentation. The whole time, Mr. Parker was gawking at me. I was already nervous about the presentation, and his gaze was making it hard for me.

After I finished the presentation, Sebastien discussed the deal with Mr Parker further. And I was standing beside Sebastien. Mr. Parker was still staring at me.

"Is everything fine? You look so pale." Sebastien whispered to me.

I glanced at Mr Parker and said," Yes, everything is fine. I was so nervous during the presentation that's why I'm looking pale, I guess."

The deal was finalized, and Sebastien looked pleased with it. One of the assistants took Mr. Parker to show him around the company while Sebastien and I got back to his cabin.

"Sir, I think I forgot some documents in the meeting room. I'll just go and fetch them quickly," I said, and he nodded.

As I turned back after getting the file, I saw Mr Parker entering the meeting room, and he had lust filled eyes.

"Is there something you need, Mr Parker," I asked to break the tension in the atmosphere.

I saw him turning around to lock the door. I started to move back and called Sebastien. I'm not feeling sae here. He didn't pick up, so I left a text,"HELP."

Mr Parker snatched my phone and threw away.

"What are you doing, Mr. Parker?" I said and backed off before he touched me.

"Evelyn, a beautiful lady like you, should be in my arms. What are you with a cold-hearted guy like Sebastien. He can never give you the love and pleasure I can give you, sweetheart," he said, and I felt disgusted by his words.

No matter how much this deal means to me and Sebastien, I can't sacrifice my dignity for it.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him. He tried to kiss me forcefully, and I pushed him away. I ran towards the door, but he pulled me back before I could escape and threw me on the table. He hovered over me. I was struggling with him. I could feel his nails scratching my arms and neck.

"Just leave me. Sebastien won't spare you for this. " I cried out.

He torn the sleeves of my shirt and said," You think you are more important than this deal. He will just throw you in my bed himself for the sake of this deal. Now stop acting innocent and cooperate like a good whore."

"Sebastien will never do something like that. He is not like you." I shouted at him.

No matter how strong he is but I can't give up. I can't submit to him. Sebastien would never want this. I kicked him in his balls, and he fell down on the floor because of pain.

I took that chance to escape. I unlocked the door, and as I stepped out, I saw Sebastien running towards the meeting room.

He cupped my cheeks and asked," Are you fine? I just saw your message. I'm sorry for being late."