Chapter 10

Sebastien's POV

'She is going to resign. It means she won't be by my side anymore.' I thought to myself.

"But isn't it what you wanted from the beginning. You wanted her out of your sight. You wanted to make her resign. It was your main aim from day one to irritate her and break her to the point that she resigned herself. " My conscience was mocking me.

"Yes, I wanted it. But....." I don't know what to say anymore.

"But what??? Your purpose was to be her biggest nightmare, but you became soft to her. For a moment, you are being mean, then other moments you become soft . You are being bipolar Sebastien Robinson," said my inner voice.

"No, I'm not being soft to her. I don't even like her. I just hate her," I tried to defend myself.

"Oh, just shup up, man . You can fool everyone but not me. I'm your conscience, a part of you, so I know you better."

Just when I was busy in the battle of my thoughts, I noticed that she was not here anymore.

'No, I can't let her leave me. She can't go like. I've to stop her. She has to stay by my side and pay for what she did to me. I've to make her suffer more," I thought to myself.

"Please, find new excuse already or just accept that you like her," My conscience is mocking me again.

I ran out of the company and looked around to find her, but she had already left.

What do I do now? Was I really being too harsh on her?

"Yes, you were so harsh on her.You were totally an asshole. Your first encounter was just a misunderstanding, and she even apologized for it. But you, being an arrogant Bastard, hold grudges against her all the time. She was trying to be nice to you, but you hurt her." Said my inner voice, and now I'm literally regretting the things I did to her.

I will go to her place and apologize to her. I can't let her leave.

I get into my car and turn on the engine," I'm coming, Evelyn. Just wait for me. I won't let you go like this."

I parked my car in her neighborhood. Now, when I'm at her door, I'm feeling nervous. I rang the doorbell, and she opened the door.

She was just looking at me without saying a single word. It's literally not helping the fact that I'm so freaking nervous.

"Won't you invite me inside," I said while rubbing my nape.

"Oh, sorry. Please come inside," she said and led me to the living room.

"May I know why you are here, sir?" She asked as she passed me a glass of water.

I held her hand and made her sit beside me. Thankfully, she didn't object.

"Look, Evelyn, I'm really very sorry for the way I behaved. I shouldn't have gone too far. I was being so mean to you. I apologize for everything I misbehaved with you. Please don't resign," I said, and she was about to speak, but I interrupted her.

"I was so arrogant, and I wanted to take revenge on you for the way you insulted me. I tried to humilite you and make you work overtime so that you end up resigning on your own. Your resignation means that my arrogance won. But I don't want that. I don't want to win against you." I said with soft eyes.

"My resignation has nothing to do with the humiliation and extra work. I just realized that you hate me so much. My presence around you is bothering you. I don't want to bother you," She said and lowered her head.

I put an index finger under her chin and made her look at me," Evelyn, I don't know what I feel towards you but I'm sure of one thing that I don't hate you. I was being dumb in the past. I hurt you, but I promise I won't hurt you ever again, and nor will let anyone else hurt you."

"So, will you give me a chance to make it up to you." I asked hopefully.

"Yes, I also wanted to make it up for that day. Both of us did wrong at some point, and I think we should give each a chance to improve," She said with a bright smile, and I hugged her.

"Thank you, Evelyn . And from now on, you are not an employee but a good friend of mine," I said to her while breaking the hug.

"That would be an honor to be a friend of The Great Sebastien Robinson," she said in an imitating voice, and we ended up laughing.

"You didn't have dinner, right? Let's eat together????" She offered, and I gladly accepted.

"What would you like to eat?" She aksed, and I thought for a while before answering.

"Cauliflower Mac 'n' cheese, sauteed brussel sprouts and some blueberry cheesecake. But I would appreciate it if you would allow me to help you in the kitchen.

"Okay, only if you are not some god of destruction. Don't destroy my kitchen," she said while narrowing her eyes at me, and I chuckled at her.

"No, I'm not that bad. I'm good at cooking. You can prepare cauliflower Mac n cheese and sprouts while I make cheesecake." I suggested, and she agreed with it.

We wore aprons and took out all the ingredients we needed, and started preparing the dishes.

"This would be my first time tasting something you make," she said excitedly.

"Well, I'll try my best not to disappoint you. " I said and focused back on my cake.

We prepared everything and set them on the dining table.

"I can't wait to taste the cake, so I'll just start with the cake," she said with her eyes filled with light at the sight of the cake. She was looking like a toddler.

She took the first bite and let out a satisfied moan. I patted my back.' Well done, Mr Robinson,' I said to myself.

"Sir, this is the best cheesecake I've ever tried," she said while enjoying the cake, but she stopped after seeing the frown at my face.

"What happened? Did I say something wrong?" She asked innocently.

"Yes, you made a grave mistake," I said with a disappointment look.

"What???" She asked.

"Did you just call me 'Sir'??? Aren't we friends? Friends address each other by name," I said, and she laughed nervously.

"I'm sorry, Seb." She said. I feel so better now.

"Be ready tomorrow morning. I'll pick you up." I told her.

"Tomorrow is the weekend. Don't tell me you will make me work on weekends too," she was sulking.

"No, it's not about work. I'll take you somewhere very special to me," I told her, and her face lit up.

"Where?" she asked.

"Well, that's a surprise," I said, and she pouted.