Chapter 16

Third Person's POV

Emily asked Caro about the person who asked her to steal the designs.

"No one asked me to do that. I just got greedy about the amount I was being offered by the rival company."

Caro continued to Sob, and Sebastien wanted to throw her behind the bars. He said,

"Call the cops."

But Evelyn didn't agree with the idea. She knew that Caro was lying. She was just a pawn. She stopped Sebastien,

"Don't call the cops. Sending her behind the bars won't solve our problem. Instead of that, she can testify for us about the plagiarism done by our rival company. We should focus on filing a suit against them."

Emily agreed with Evelyn,

"She is right. We should leave Caro. To cover up for our loss,we should Sue our rivals."

"Sir, I'm ready to testify. Please don't send me to jail. I have a 2 year old toddler. He won't be able to live without me. I'm so ashamed of my actions. My baby has some chronic disease, and I didn't have enough money to afford the treatment. That's why I sold the designs. "

Caro pleaded, and Evelyn's heart softened towards her. Even though Caro was wrong but she was a mother who wanted to save her baby.

Sebastien called his detective to investigate Caro to make sure if she was lying about her son. It turned out to be true. Her son was hospitalized.

"Just because of your son, I'm not pressing charges against you. As for his treatment, I'll bear all the expenses. But I want all of you to keep this in mind. If you guys are having any emergency or financial issues, then come to me for help instead of backstabbing me, understood. "

He roared, and everything said yes in unison.

"I'll leave the suit to the legal team. For now, we need to find solutions for the problem."

He asked, and everyone started to think about how to solve the issue. Evelyn said,

"I suggest that we should make new designs."

Emily scoffed at her suggestion and said,

"Do you have some magic stick, Miss Moore? It took more than a month to prepare for this product launch, and you think we can do everything from scratch within 2 days."

Everyone thought that Evelyn had gone insane. But Sebastien was eager to know how she was gonna make it happen. He asked,

"Can you elaborate?"

"As per the evidence, Caro stole the designs early morning and within 12 hours, they did the product launch."

Sebastien never noticed that detail. Now that Evelyn has mentioned it, he was also surprised. He gestured Evelyn to continue.

"Even though they have an upper hand in this situation because they already had designs but we still have to make designs. But still, executing this plan and making the dresses as per design within this time frame is not a cakewalk. Their staff must have made worked so hard then why can't we. I know doing everything within 2 days is not gonna be easy, but we can't give up without trying."

Everyone got inspired by Evelyn's words. Sebastien also liked the idea. Emily was not happy to see that Evelyn was getting all the attention.

"Guys, for the next 2 days, we are not going home. We need to work overtime to make this happen. I'll make some arrangements in the office so that we can take quick naps from time to time to refresh ourselves and get back to work. I know it's gonna be tough, but once we are done with the product launch, I'll take you all on a vacation to Hawaii as a reward for your hard work."

Employees were excited about the vacation and ready to work their ass off.

"I'll just go and check things in canteen, sir. I'll ask the canteen staff not to close the cafeteria for the next two days. Also, we'll need lots of coffee to keep ourselves awake for as much as we can. It's gonna be our fuel."

Evelyn said and went to check in the canteen. She came back with dinner for all the staff .

"As it's already past dinner time and no one had eaten yet, so let's eat first and get back to work ."

Sebastien said, and everyone started digging into their food. After dinner, Sebastien said to Emily,

"You should go home, now. Me and my staff will manage from here. It's late so I'll ask the driver to drive you home."

As much as Emily didn't want to leave Sebastien with Evelyn, she couldn't help but follow his words.

The next two days were so hectic and stressful for all the employees, but they somehow managed everything .

The product launch was successful, and plagiarism charges were pressed against the rivals, and Caro testified that.

"So, now will you tell me the truth." Evelyn asked Caro when they were alone.

"What are you asking about?" Caro asked.

"I know, Caro, you lied . You took all the blame by yourself, tell me who asked you to do that. "

Caro was afraid to reveal the truth.

"Don't be scared, Caro. Your son is under the treatment, and Sebastien will do everything to save him, so you don't have to worry about anything."

Evelyn reassured her, and Caro was ready to tell everything ,

"She gave me money for my son's treatment and also said that I could keep all the money that the rival company would offer. I could afford my son's treatment and give him a better life. She didn't need money from the rivals. She just wanted me to frame you."

Evelyn was not shocked with the revelation. She already expected it to be against herself. She also had a name in her head, but she still wanted to confirm before doing anything.

"So, will you tell me who did this?"

Caro was not sure if she would get in trouble for revealing the name, but she didn't want to lie anymore.

"It's Emily. She asked me to frame you."

Evelyn's suspicion was correct. She took Emily's number from Caro and called her,

"Emily, it's me, Evelyn. We need to talk. Meet me at Cafe Golden. "