Chapter 24

Sebastien's POV

As per mom's advice, I'm going to clear out things with Emily. For making things work between Evelyn and me, I need to remove Emily from the picture. Next is that guy Theodore. Now I won't let anyone come between us.

I know Evelyn still loves me. May be she got together with Theodore just because she is upset with me. If I call off the engagement with Emily, then she won't be mad at me anymore. After all, she got upset after knowing the engagement news.

Why is Emily taking too much time, I've been waiting for her for the last 30 minutes .

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Sebastien . You just called me out suddenly, so it looked me a while to get ready. I didn't want to look bad on our date."

She said while wrapping her arms around me for a hug. Then she settled herself on the seat opposite me.

"Emily, you know I don't like to wait for anyone. And it's not a date." I said with a straight face.

"So, what did you call me for? You said that you want to talk about something important. What is it?" She asked while going through the menu .

Before I could answer, the waitress came to take the order. Emily ordered some milkshakes and sandwiches. I ordered myself a black coffee. When the waitress went away, I continued the conversation.

"See, I don't have much time to waste, so let's get straight to the point. I want to call off the engagement. I'm out of this arrangement. "

"You must be kidding me, right? Stop these jokes, Seb." she laughed.

"I'm not kidding around. I don't want this arrangement. I want to be with Evelyn, and this arrangement marriage is getting in the way. My parents are fine with my decision and they have talked to your parents too. I wanted to make things clear to you personally. " I said.

"You can't do this to me, Seb. I was there in your life before her. How can you do this to me now?" She started to cry.

"Emily, I never promised anything to you. I don't love you, and this was clear to you since day one. I never wanted to agree with this arranged marriage in the first place, but you were the one who said that we are doing this only for our parents and that you won't interfere in my life. Also, if I ever fell for someone else, then you won't force me to stay with you." I stressed more on the last line.

"Because I was confident that you will for in love with me. I never expected to lose you like this. I love you so much, Sebastien. Please don't leave me." She pleaded.

"Stop crying, Emily. You are one of the most important people in my life. We have been friends for years but I don't have any romantic feelings towards you. How can I marry you when I have someone else in my heart. "

"I don't know anything. I just don't want to lose you. I don't know what that bitch has done to you. She must have seduced you. Don't believe her . She is two faced bitch. She acts all innocent in front of you."

When she started badmouthing about Evelyn, I lost my temper.

"Just shut the fuck up, Emily. Don't you dare to utter a single word against her. You call her fake, but look at yourself now. You are her friend, but talking shit about her. On the other hand, she was ready to sacrifice her love for the sake of your friendship."

I couldn't stand a sight of her anymore before I ended up insulting her more. I decided to leave that place. All the eyes were already on us because she had been crying and shouting.

As soon as I got in my car, my phone started to ring. My face lit up when I saw the caller ID.

"Hello, Sebastien. Are you free? Can we speak for a while?" She said on the other side of the call.

"Where are you?" I asked.

"I'm home." She said.

"I'm coming, wait for me. Let's talk face to face. I'm missing you, just wanna see you." I admitted.

"I miss you too." She said, and I didn't expect that response. I thought she would shout at me or something.

"I can't wait to see you now. Just wait for me. And I'm a little hungry, can you cook something for me, please. I miss your cooking. " I asked.

"Sure, what do you wanna eat?" she asked.

"Some pancakes, please. " I said.

"Ok. See you." She said and disconnected the call.

Now, this is something interesting. I thought I had to work hard to earn her trust and get her attention again. I need to get to her fast before she changes her mind.

I decided to get some flowers for her. I went to the flower shop and bought some orchids for her. I hope she likes orchids.

When I got back in the car, I checked my phone, and I left it on the passenger seat. I saw 10 missed calls from my detective Mark.

I called him back, but maybe he got some clue about the attacker.

"Hello, Mark. Any update?" I asked.

"Yes, sir. I have found out the attacker. I have sent you the file, which has his personal details. You would be shocked to know who the person is." He said.

"Tell me, Mark. Who is it?" I asked him.

"Sir, he is one of your business allies. "
His statement left me stunned.

It means that person was right under my nose, and I couldn't see it. Is it that Bastard Parker?

"Is it that Parker guy?" My voice was full of anger.

"No, sir. It's...." Before he could finish it, I cut him off.

"Wait, Mark. I'm getting a call from Evelyn. Let me attend it first. I'll read the details about that person and inform you about the next step." I said.

I received Evelyn's call.

"Sebastien, there is no pancake floor left at home. Can you buy some on the way home?" She asked softly, and I chuckled.

"Of course. Anything else, ma'am?" I teased her.

"Nothing else." She quickly disconnected the call.

I drove to the grocery store and bought the pancake floor. Along with that, I bought some snacks and chocolates for her.