Chapter 14

Third Person's POV

"Is she your fiance?" Evelyn asked softly.

"Do you have any doubt about it? Of course, I'm his fiance, and you are just trying to steal my man. So don't try to act innocent. " Emily called out.

Evelyn felt bad at that moment. For her, it was hard to accept the fact that the person she loved had you feelings for someone else. That's Bella. But after knowing everything about Bella and what Sebastien has gone through after losing her, she thought she could win his heart and make him happy again. But she never expected that he have a fiance.

"Enough, Emily," Sebastien roared.

"Sebastien, why are you shouting at me? This girl is crossing her boundaries. She needs to learn her lesson. " Emily said.

"You are also crossing your boundaries, Emily. Don't forget that there is nothing between you and me. I haven't made any commitment to you. As for the marriage, you also know that I agreed it just because of my parents. And we are not married yet nor engaged. I can still call off the wedding anytime I want," he made the last line clearer.

"But, Sebastien," before Emily could complete her sentence, he cut her off .

"No, if no, but. Evelyn and I are good friends, and Evelyn had never tried to seduce me or something if that's what you are trying to accuse. Stop acting like a possessive wife when you are not even my wife." I said.

Emily was so mad at Evelyn that this was the first time when Sebastien ever talked to her this way that too because of Evelyn. Emily was his best friend, and he always relied on her. After Bella's death, she was the one by his side. Now, some other girl is trying to steal him from her.

"Let's go, Evelyn," Sebastien said.

"No, I'll go by myself. You don't have to bother," she said while she tried to suppress her tears.

"I'm not asking Evelyn. I'm telling you that I'll drop you home, and you have no choice," he said and grabbed her wrist and took her with him, leaving Emily with her jaw dropped.

Neither of them spoke during the ride to home. Evelyn just wanted to run away from there. Even though Emily and Sebastien just have arrangements, not love , still she feel bad for being a third wheel between them.

When Evelyn was about to exit from his car, he said

"Evelyn, don't misunderstand me. I was never dishonest with you or ever tried to take advantage of you. Everything between me and Emily is just an arrangement by my family. There is nothing between me and Emily."

Evelyn cut him off by saying,

"Seb, you don't have to explain anything to me. You are not answerable to me. Just like you don't have any commitment towards Emily, you don't have it towards me either. In our case, there isn't any arrangement either. So, it's fine."

She left without letting him respond.

'What am I going to do now. She probably hates me. In the past few days, with her, I completely forgot about my engagement with Emily. What do I do now? I don't know what I feel towards Evelyn. I'm still not over with Bella. But I thought of losing Evelyn is driving me crazy.'

Sebastien thought while laying on his bed. He was tossing and turning in bed, unable to fall asleep.

He even called her, but she ignored his call deliberately.

Evelyn was also having a hard time. It's true that she loves Sebastien a lot. But she doesn't want to snatch everything from Emily. Even though Sebastien doesn't love Emily but she is not sure if he loves her either. Emily is his wife to be, and Evelyn doesn't have any right on him.

The next day in the office was very hectic as M&N Fashion had a product laughing in 2 days. All the employees are working so hard for it. Evelyn is the one supervising all the arrangements, so she doesn't want to make any mistakes. It's her chance to prove her competence.

Due to all the work, Sebastien and Evelyn didn't get a chance to talk about yesterday's event. Evelyn was glad about it. The situation was helping her to keep her distance from Sebastien.

However, Sebastien was not appeased by it. He was getting frustrated. He was trying his best to get her attention, but it wasn't working.

"Evelyn, it's lunchtime. Let's go and eat in my office," He said, thinking about using this chance to talk to her.

"I'm not hungry, sir . On top of that, I have a lot of work to do so you can eat by yourself," She walked past him after saying this.

Sebastien was so upset by the fact that Evelyn is trying to avoid him intentionally. In the morning, when he went to pick her up, she had already left for work. Since morning, she has been avoiding him and only replies to work related stuff .

By the time everyone was finished with work, Sebastien thought of asking to drop her off before she left without informing him again.

"It's late Evelyn, let's go together. I'll drop you home."

But Evelyn denied his offer and was about to leave. He held her by her wrist and pulled her towards him. He dragged her to his cabin and locked it from inside.

"What are you doing, sir?" Evelyn asked.

"Are we back at the formalities, Evelyn?" He asked with a painful look.

"I thought we were friends or maybe more than that. But you consider me as your supervisor only."

Hearing those words, Evelyn wanted to hug him and comfort him. But she held her back when she remembered Emily.

"Sebastien, we are at work, and here you are, my superior. "

She said, and he cut her off by asking,

"Then what are we, outside the workplace?"

Before Evelyn could say anything, there was a loud knock on the door . Sebastien chose to ignore it, but then the intercoms in his office started to ring.

Evelyn decided to open the door as there might be something urgent. As soon as she opened the door, sje was met with the panicked faces of the other employees. One of the employees addressed Sebastien,

"Boss, we have a serious problem. "

She gave her phone and played a video. Both Sebastien and Evelyn went wide eyes.
Sebastien's anger was at top level.

"Who the hell dared to do this?" he roared, and all ths employees were scared.

"Call all the employees in the meeting room now. No one is going home." he roared again.