Chapter 15

Third Person's POV

Sebastien was so furious to see that his rival company launched the clothes that were supposed to be launched by his company after 2 days.

The designs were plagiarised, and it clearly meant someone from the staff had ditched him.

To make it worse, Emily came to the office. Having Emily and Evelyn under the same roof before clearing out things with Evelyn would be the last thing he would ever want.

"Sebastien, I heard your designs got plagiarised. I was so worried that I couldn't sit back. So I came here to help you out in whatever way I can."

Emily said while placing her hand on his soldier. Sebastien wanted to shrug it off, but he didn't want to embarrass her in front of the staff.

"I can handle the things on my own, Emily . You should go back home." he said.

"No, I'm not leaving until I find out who did this," she said while narrowing her eyes at the staff members, including Evelyn.

"Whoever did it, you better come out and accept your mistake when I'm still being nice. Because if I find out later, I wouldn't even hesitate to destroy you." he roared.

All the staff members gulped at his words. One of them named Caro, raised her hand to speak, and Sebastien gestured her to go ahead .

"Sir, I think it's your secretary, Evelyn . Since aside from you, she is the only one who has access to designs. All the designs were saved on her laptop, and no one knows the password except her and you."

Evelyn was shocked at the accuse. On the other hand, Sebastien found it totally ridiculous as he knows Evelyn can never do that.

Before he could say anything, Emily started to speak.

"How dare you, Evelyn? You couldn't get Sebastien, so now you are playing the cheap tricks by sabotaging our company. "

Other employees started to gossip about Evelyn and Sebastien after hearing Emily .

"Shut up, everyone." he roared and continued after everything went pin drop silence.

"Watch your mouth before you speak, Emily. I warned you last time that you don't accuse Evelyn of such ridiculous things. I know she is not the one behind it."

"Why are you defending her, Sebastien? She is taking advantage of your trust. She hasn't tried to defend herself even once. Her silence is enough to prove her guilt. She is biting the hand who fed her." Emily said.

"Sir, why don't we check her laptop." Caro suggested.

"No need for that. I've said that I trust her enough. So there is no need to do that." Sebastien growled at Caro.

"Sir, let them check it." Evelyn said.

"There is no need for that, Evelyn. If I agree with checking your laptop, it means I'm acknowledging the accuse on you." He said.

"But if letting them check, it will be enough for providing my innocence, then I'm up for it."

She said, and without any time, she brought her laptop and opened the lock.

Emily snatched the laptop from her hand and started to check for any evidence against her. Her face had a mocking smile before she turned the screen towards Sebastien and other employees. Everyone was shocked to see the screen, and Emily began to speak .

"Did you guys see it? In her recent emails, she has mailed the designs to the rival company."

Then she turned towards Evelyn and sent her venomous glare,

"Now, tell me how much money you got for trading our designs. You bitch, how dare you to breach his trust."

Emily was about to slap Evelyn but Sebastien held her arm and said through clenched jaw,

"Don't you dare to throw your hands on her ever again. I won't allow anyone to humiliate her like this. I know she is innocent, and I won't spare the person who tried to set her up."

Nor only Emily but even Evelyn was shocked by his behavior. She didn't expect him to trust her and stood for us even when the evidence was against her.

"Evelyn, follow me to my cabin. And the rest of you just stay here until I come back. Don't you dare to step a foot outside the company until I find the real culprit."

His intimidating tone was enough to send shivers down their spine, including Emily. Evelyn followed him towards his cabin.

"Why do you trust me when everything and everyone is against me?" Evelyn asked.

"I trust you. I know you would never do anything like that. Even when the whole world stands against you, I will be standing by your side."

His statement sent butterflies to her stomach. Sebastien was looking for something on his laptop when he found out he saved it in a pen drive and went back to the meeting room with Evelyn.

"You guys wanted proof right, here it is."

He showed that pen drive to everyone and connected it to the system in the meeting room. A clip from cctv footage was playing on the projector.

In the clip, Evelyn was working on her laptop, and then one of the employees called her for some help. Before going, she forgot to shut down her laptop. Then a girl came and clicked some pics of the stuff on her laptop, and she was also doing something on her laptop.

"Caro, would you care to explain what you were doing with Evelyn's laptop that too without her permission."

Sebastien asked as calmly as he could, but everyone knew that it's just the peace before the storm.

"What were you doing?"

He yelled, making Caro flinch, and she started to shiver in fear.

"I was just...." She couldn't form words.

"Unlock your phone and give it to me." he said, and her eyes went wide .

"Don't make me repeat, Caro. "

He growled, and she gave her phone to him without wasting any time he went through her gallery and saw the pictures she clicked of Evelyn's laptop.

"Why do you have the pics of the designs? I'm asking something, Caro. Just answer me now."

He yelled, and Caro kneeled down and started to cry.

"I'm the one who leaked the designs. I sent those emails from her laptop to make it look like she did it."

She confessed it. Then Sebastien asked her next question,

"Who asked you to do that?"

She didn't answer, then he spoke again,

"Tell me who set you up to do that. Otherwise, I can still manage to find that out through your call records and texts."

Then Emily came forward and slapped Caro multiple times and asked her,

"Say it bitch, who asked you to do that?"