Chapter 20

Third Person's POV

Sebastien had decided to talk to Evelyn about this matter once she cleared things with Emily and called the engagement and marriage. Because somehow, his engagement with Emily was holding Evelyn from giving him a chance. He wanted to end that reason permanently.

He was waiting in his office for Theodore. They were supposed to discuss things further before signing the documents to seal the deal.

When Theodore came to his office, they greeted each other and gotten straight to their discussion.

Sebastien called Evelyn and asked her to bring the documents.

When Evelyn entered the cabin, something unexpected happened.

Theodore pulled her into his arms as soon as he saw her and started crying. Both Sebastien and Evelyn were shocked at his behavior. Sebastien wanted to rip his head for touching Evelyn. He torn him apart from Evelyn.

"What the hell are you doing, Theodore?" Sebastien snapped.

But Theodore ignored his question and held Evelyn's hand.

"Evelyn, my love. Where have you been? I've been searching for you for the last 4 years. Didn't expect to find you here like this."

Everything Theodore said was a complete nonsense for Evelyn. And Sebastien's blood was boiling.

Evelyn Withrew her hand from his grip and asked,

"Who are you? What nonsense are you talking about? How do you know my name?"

Theodore was hurt by her tone. She was treating him as a stranger.

"Baby, it's me, Theodore. I'm your lover. Don't you remember me? We were lovers since high school days. 4 years back, you told me that you are going to talk to your parents and tell them about me. But since that day I never saw you again. When I didn't hear from you for a week then I went back to your home, it was empty. Neighbors told me that you had an accident and then your parents moved out. Since then, I've been looking for you but didn't get any information about you. But our destiny brings you back to me."

Evelyn had a confused look at her face.

"But I don't know you." She said .

"You heard her. She doesn't know you, so stay back. Don't you dare to touch her." Sebastien pushed him back.

"Mr Robinson, it's my personal matter. You should stay out of this." Theodore said.

"Nothing is your personal matter here. Stop bothering my secretary now. Otherwise, you will face consequences. " Sebastien warned him.

"Evelyn, are you mad at me that I didn't get back to you soon. Why are you not recognizing me." Theodore asked.

"Because I don't remember anything about my life 4 years ago. I've lost my memory. " Evelyn revealed.

"What?" Both men asked in unison.

"As you said that my neighbors told you about my accident, I lost my memory in that accident. My parents shifted to Boston after my accident. I recently moved out to New York for work. "

Sebastien had no idea about Evelyn's accident and memory loss before.

"That's why you never tried to reach out to me because you forgot my existence. But now we have met again. Let's have a fresh start, baby. Even if you lose the memories of our time together, we can still create more memories. " Theodore said with hopeful eyes.

"Even though she doesn't remember but I don't trust your theory of being her lover. What if you are someone trying to take advantage of her lost memory. " Sebastien said.

"It doesn't matter if you trust me . For me, Evelyn's trust matters. I'm sure she trusts me. Her brain doesn't remember me, but her heart does." Theodore said.

"I'm not sure of what you are saying. How can I trust someone who just came out of nowhere and claim to be my lover." Emily said.

Her lack of trust was making Theodore's heart ache, but he couldn't blame her .

"I can prove it to you." He said and took out his phone.

He showed him their pics together from the time of their relationship, where they were looking like a happy couple.

"That girl has a slight difference in her facial features. Though she looks like Evelyn, she's different ." Sebastien said.

"That's because I had surgery after the accident. That's why there is a slight change in my face." Evelyn said.

"Now, you believe me? I was telling the truth. I waited for you all these years." Theodore said to Evelyn.

"Theodore, I don't remember things, so I might take some time to think about it." Evelyn said.

"Don't worry, Evelyn. You can take your time. I wouldn't pressurise you. I've waited for years, and then I can wait a few more days." Theodore said.

"Thank you for understanding. " Evelyn said.

"Can we exchange numbers to keep in touch?" Theodore asked.

"Of course. Give me your phone. "

Evelyn saved her number on his phone. Sebastien was displeased about all this. He was already having a hard time because of Emily, and now Theodore is also creating issues for him.

Evelyn called Sana for a sleepover as she wanted to spend some time with her bestie as well as discuss about Theodore.

Sana and Evelyn came to the conclusion that she should give a chance to Evelyn as this would be helpful for her to keep distance from Sebastien as well as Theodore waited for her so long it would be unfair to him. Even though Evelyn doesn't remember him but she shouldn't dump him like that. She believes that as they were lovers before, then Theodore must be an amazing person . With time, Evelyn will fall for him again.

She called Theodore and said,

"Theodore, I'm ready to give us a chance again. But I hope you give me some time to adjust and get to know you well. I don't remember about our time together, so it will take a while to get along and make our bond strong again."

Theodore was very happy that Evelyn was going to be with him again.

"Thank you, babe. You can surely have your time. Let's take things slowly and have a fresh start."