Chapter 21

Evelyn's POV

Theodore came outside the office with a flower bouquet. He gave it to me and hugged me. I asked him,

"Theodore, why are you here?"

"Babe, I thought I should pick you up after work and take you on a dinner date. I wanna make it up for the four years we had to spend without each other." He replied.

"What's going on here?" Sebastien asked as he got at the car park. It's past working hours. He must be going home.

"Hi Sebastien. I just came to take my girlfriend for dinner. " Theodore said with a bright smile, and I saw a hint of jealousy in Sebastien's eyes.

"What's going on, Evelyn? Are you really dating him?" Sebastien asked me.

"Of course, don't tell me she needs your permission to date someone, just because you are her boss." Theodore said sarcastically.

"Tell me, Evelyn. Are you dating this guy?" Sebastien asked me again, completely ignoring Theodore.

"Yes, I'm dating him. This is my personal affair, so stay out of it." I told him coldly and held Theodore's hand.

At that moment, I was feeling like a terrible person. But I have to do this. Sebastien doesn't belong to me.

Theodore took me to a fancy restaurant . He ordered all my favorites, and the food was so yumm.

"Baby, Sebastien is so arrogant. Why are you working with him." Theodore asked.

I laughed awkwardly.

"He just seems to be cold and arrogant, but he is a nice guy. He has helped me a lot. He even saved my life when an unknown creep attacked me." I told him.

"What? Did someone attack you? But why?" He asked, worried.

"I have no idea. Who was that person, or why did he attack me. I would have been dead if Sebastien hadn't saved me. " I said .

"I should thank him for saving you, my love. But I have noticed that you don't seem to like him. And he seems to be interested in you." he asked me.

I took a sip of water from my glass before replying.

" It's not like I hate or dislike him. We were good friends. As you said, he seems to be interested in me. That's why I'm trying to maintain distance. My friend Emily loves him a lot, and I don't wanna get between them."

I'm glad he didn't ask any further questions about Sebastien . After dinner, he dropped me home.

He kissed me on my forehead and was about to go, but he turned back and came closer to me again.
He cupped my cheeks, and our lips were just inches apart. He closed the gap between us, and before his lips could touch mine, I turned my head to the side. His lips landed on my cheek instead.

I just dodged a kiss with my boyfriend. I know he must be feeling awkward about this, but I'm not ready for it. It doesn't feel right and comfortable like it was with Sebastien .

Theodore had been with me in the past. We were in love. But I don't feel comfortable with him when he is too close. I was pretty much comfortable with Sebastien, but not with Theodore.

"Theodore, I need time to adapt this relationship again. Kisses and intimacy are something that I would prefer to avoid until I'm comfortable. "

He looked sad after hearing my words but still nodded in acceptance.

When I closed my eyes for sleeping, the scene of Sebastien and I kissing each other played in my head

What am I even doing? I'm supposed to maintain distance from him. Cut him off from my life and my thoughts. I need to get over with whatever I feel for him. I shouldn't be thinking about our intimate moments. By doing all this, I'm not only hurting Emily but also cheating on my boyfriend.

I shouldn't be thinking about any other male. My focus should be on Theodore. My loyalty should be with him. I need to get Sebastien out of my head.

My phone beeped with notification. I opened it, and Emily texted me.

'I'm coming back from my business trip on the day after tomorrow. Let's hang out together this weekend. I have bought some nice sexy dresses for you and you can wear them when you are out with Theodore.'

There was a wink emoji at the end. Ever since I told her about Theodore, she is just super excited about it.

Then I saw lots of messages from Sebastien. But I just left them on seen. I don't wanna reply.

With all these thoughts inside my head, I couldn't sleep anymore, so I decided to watch a movie . I took the dvd of some Marvel movie and started watching it.

In the morning, I woke on the sofa. I fell asleep while watching the movie. I took the remote and turned off tv before heading to the washroom and freshen up.

I brushed my teeth and had a hot shower. I wrapped the towel around myself and walked inside my room. Applied body lotion and some light makeup . Got dressed for the office.

There wasn't much work today in the office. Sebastien also didn't bother me much, so I got free from work early. I thought about going to the club with Sana.

I went home and dressed myself for going to the club. My dress was not too revealing yet sexy. My curves were flaunting in that dress. Sana came and picked me up.

We started drinking, and we drank until we were wasted. But I was not aware that Sebastien was also in the club . My eyes fell on him. I thought it was my imagination as I was too drunk.

He asked me to come with him, and I followed him to a private booth. He said he wanted to talk to me about something. I still felt like all this was my imagination. He sat on the sofa and gestured me to sit.
I went to him and sat on his lap and wrapped my arms around his neck. It's my imagination, so I'm free to do whatever I want.

"You are not in your right mind, Evelyn. You will regret it once you sober up." He said while trying to remove my arms.

"Why? You don't want it, Sebastien?" I whispered into his ear. Alcohol took over me. I should have learned my lesson from the previous incident where I goy drunk and woke up in Sebastien's bed. But I guess I'm repeating the same mistake again.

"I want everything with you, Evelyn. But I don't want you to regret it tomorrow morning. " He said while caressing my cheeks.

"Sebastien, I missed you so much." I said with glossy eyes.

"I missed you too, Evelyn. But you keep running away from me. Why are you doing this?" He asked me.

"I don't wanna go away from you, Sebastien . My heart wants to be with you. But I don't wanna hurt Emily and Theodore ." I said, and tears started to roll my cheeks.

He wiped my tears with his thumb and kissed my forehead.

"You don't want to hurt them, but you are hurting me. You are even hurting yourself. This is not fair. "
He said to me.

The next moment, we were kissing each other like there was no tomorrow. It was full of passion and love. For a second, it felt like he also loved me.

"I love you, Evelyn. " He said when we broke the kiss.