Chapter 12

Evelyn's POV

I woke up to find myself lying on Sebastien's chest. Our legs were entangled together. It made me blush, and I tried to get out of his hold. My movement woke him up.
Our eyes met, and I just got lost in them.

I got up and ran into the bathroom and locked it. My heart was beating so fast.

' Am I falling for him? But what if he doesn't feel the same? He said he won't love anyone but Bella.'
This thought made me sad.

When I got ready and made the breakfast, I called him for breakfast.

"After breakfast, we'll go to my place first so that I can get changed, then I'll take you to the place I mentioned. " he told me.

We got to his place, and he went for a shower and got dressed.

While he was driving, I asked," Where are we going?"

"You will find out soon." he replied, and I pouted.

"At least give me some hint." I whined.

"It's a place where your curiosities will get filled. You will get answers to your questions." He told me, and I stayed silent for the rest of the ride.

He parked the car and we came out of the car. He took me to a cemetery.

'Is he taking me to meet some deceased member of his family?' I thought to myself.

When we stood in front of a cemetery, he placed the flowers on it.

BELLA LEWIS

My eyes widened when I read Bella's name on it. I thought that Bella was his ex-girlfriend or some girl he used to admire, but I never expected her to be dead.

"She was my girlfriend, and she died 4 years ago . Today is her death anniversary." he said, and I just looked at him dumbfounded.

"How did it happen?" I asked him.

"We were at a cruise. I planned to propose to her for marriage. I was so happy that day." A sweet smile curled on his lips, then he continued.

"I was busy decorating the room for surprising her. She was waiting for me, and by the time I got back to her," there was a long pause, and I saw tears slipped from his eyes.

"She was gone. Someone pushed her from the cruise, and she fell into the water. I was still not ready to accept the fact that she died. We searched for her body but didn't find it. After 4 days, we found her body, but it was not recognizable. There were bite marks all over her body and face, wild fishes done that to her. If it weren't for her clothes, then it was hard to recognize." He said and fell on his knees and wailed.

"I couldn't save her,Evelyn. How much pain would she have felt when fishes were biting her. She must have called me for help but I wasn't there for her. I don't deserve to be loved. I was not capable of protecting my love." he cried, and I hugged him.

"Bella would never like to see you like this, She wants you to be strong and happy. Stop crying now." I tried to cheer him up.

I cupped his cheeks and made him look into my eyes. It was so heartbreaking to see him in tears.

"Just the way you love Bella, she also loves you, right? What if she is not here with you now, but she is looking at you from heaven. Seeing her hurt cause you pain, right? Then wouldn't her heart ache to see you in pain. Every time you come to see her, you should always smile and talk to her cheerfully . If you cry like this, then she will feel guilty that she left you and cause you pain." he was listening to me carefully like an innocent child

"Do you want her to feel sad about you crying?" I asked, and he shook his head vigorously like a 5 year old. He looked so cute and innocent, and I wanted to pinch his nose.

"Then you will always smile in front of her, right?" I asked, and this time, he nodded his head. I kissed his temple.

I looked at Bella's cemetery and smiled," Bella, see, I bring my friend Evelyn to meet you. She is taking care of me a lot. I hope you like her."

All this while, I was trying so hard to hold back my tears because every time in my low phase, Sebastien provided me strength. Now, it's my turn to stay strong and provide him emotional support.

"Hello Bella, I wish I could have met you in person. But as I see, Sebastien is head over heels for you then, I'm sure you must be an amazing person. God bless, sweetheart, rest in peace." I said.

After visiting her cemetery, I took him to one of my favorite restaurants for giving him a treat. I want to cheer him up. I ordered all his favorites, and we talked about random stuff while eating.

When we reached home, he hugged and said," Thank you so much, Evelyn. Every year on this day, I used to spend my day crying and drinking. You made my day and changed my orientation. You taught that I need to be happy to make my Bella happy. "

"Seb, you have helped me a lot. It's my pleasure that I could be any help to you."

"Ok then, I'll go home now. Bye." he said, and it made me sad. I just don't wanna let him go, but I can't do anything about it.

"Please take care of yourself, and if you find anything unusual, then feel free to call me." he said.

" Yes, I'll keep that in mind. Bye. Takr care." I said, and he left.

I'm missing him already. Why do I miss too much these days? Am I really falling in love with him.

"Evelyn Moore, you are in love." I mumbled and hid my face into the cushion as I fell onto the sofa.

"I love you, Sebastien." I screamed while my face was still pressed to the cushion.