Chapter 11

Evelyn's POV

I'm really very excited to go out with him. I don't know where he is going to take me. My curiosity is not letting me sleep.

I heard some weird noises from my neighborhood and went to the window to look out, but there was nothing.

I got back to my bed and thought about him. Should I call him and ask him about his surprise? What if he is already sleeping?

My phone beeped with a notification, and I thought it's his message, so I checked it quickly.

'Evelyn, I'm in serious trouble. Please save me. I'm at the playground near your apartment. Please come and meet me.' Sana texted me, and without wasting any time, I changed my clothes and headed out towards the playground.

When I reached the playground, there wasn't anyone.

"Sana, are you there? It's me, Evelyn." I called out but got no response.

Just then, I felt someone's presence behind me, and I turned around. I expected it to be Sana, but it was a guy wearing a mask.

"Who are you?" I asked with a scared voice.

"Your death, my doll. Finally, we met. You made me wait too long, sweetheart. " He said in a heavy voice.

I backed off, realization hit me that it was all his trap. I thought about calling Sebastien, but before I could do that, he snatched the phone from me.

"Whom are you going to call? Your lover? I have seen a guy at your place. It's not fair, my doll. You are seeing other people behind my back. You should be punished for that." he said and slapped me hard. I could taste the metallic taste of my blood.

"Please, let me go. Leave me." I pleaded when I saw him taking out a pocket knife.

He was about to stab me, and I closed my eyes in fear, ready to feel that pain. But I never felt that pain, so I opened my eyes to see Sebastien holding that man's arm to stop him from stabbing me. Then he forcefully took that knife from his hand and punched him. He punched the guy several times.

That guy pushed Sebastien and sprayed something in his eyes and tried to run away. I also tried to stop him, but he kicked me in the abdomen. I yelped in pain.

I got up quickly and kneeled down in front of him. His eyes were burning, and when he opened them, they were all read and puffy.

"Seb, are you fine?" I asked.

"Tell me first that you are alright? " He asked softly, and I nodded yes.

"Why did you leave home at this hour?" he was mad at me now.

"I got a text from Sana saying that she needed help." I explained and showed him the text.

"But it turned out to be his trap." I added further.

He touched my cheek with his hand, and I hissed .

"Did he slap you?" he asked, and I nodded.

The pain and anger were visible in his eyes when he saw the marks of fingers on my cheek.

"Does it still hurt?" he asked softly before placing his lips on my cheek. He kissed it softly, and I closed my eyes, feeling chill throughout my spine.

"Let's go home." He said, and we went back to my apartment.

"Does he hurt you anywhere?" He asked.

"Nothing much except a slap and a kick in abdomen. " I told me, and his face hardened.

"I swear I'll kill him next time if I see him," he said and clenched his jaw.

"Thank you so much, Seb. I would have been dead if you wouldn't come in time." I said and squeezed his hand.

"You don't have to thank me. And please be careful from the next time. Don't go out late at night. If that's urgent then call me I'll accompany you." He said.

"But how did you know about this?" I asked him.

"Last time when you told me about death threats, I assigned my men to keep an eye on you and your neighborhood to ensure your safety. They have installed various hidden cameras in your building and neighborhood, so when you went out late at night, they informed me." he explained .

Then I called Sana to know about the text I got from her. She told me that she never texted, and her messenger account was hacked by someone .

"Evelyn, if you don't mind, I would like to stay at your place tonight. What if that man returns again, so I'm not taking risks." he said, and I agreed with him. I am also scared to live alone tonight.

"You can use the room beside mine. Usually, Sana uses it when she stays at my place." I told him.

"Good night." We both said in unison and went to the respective rooms.

I drifted to sleep as soon as I lay on the bed.

I had a nightmare about that guy trying to kill me, and I woke up to Sebastien shaking my body and asking me to wake up.

"Did you have a bad dream? You were screaming in your sleep," he looked concerned, and I hugged him so tightly. I was really very scared because of that horrible dream.

"Seb, he was about to kill me," I sobbed .

"Shhhhh, that was just a bad dream. No one is hurting you. I'm here with you," he was rubbing my back in a soothing manner.

When I stopped crying, he helped me lay down and kissed my forehead," Now go to sleep. Don't think about that incident, okay?" he said.

He was about to leave, but I grabbed his hand. He looked at me.

"What happened? Do you need something?" He asked.

"Can you stay with me please. I'm scared to be alone," I asked softly.

He laid down next to me," Sure."

I hugged him, and he was rubbing my back to make me feel better. I inhaled his cologne, and it reminded me of his handkerchief. I walked out of bed.

"Where are you going?" he asked with a frown.

"Just a minute." I said and continued to search inside my closet. When I found his handkerchief, I took it to him.

"Here, take this," I extended it towards him.

"Isn't it mine? How u got this?" he asked.

"You left it in cafe that day. I saw it and kept it in the hope of seeing you again and apologizing to you," I said with a bright smile.

"You can keep it as a token of our friendship," he said and gave back the handkerchief.

We laid down again in the same position as before.

"Seb, can I ask you something?" I asked, and he hummed in response.

"Who was that woman in the picture frame? Is she Bella?" I asked and looked at his face.

He was silent for good 2 minutes.

"How do you know about Bella?" he asked me.

"That night when we slept together, you were moaning her name. You addressed me with her name." I filled his curiosity.

I saw his ears getting red at the mention of us sleeping together, and it made me blush, too.

"Yes, that's Bella's picture. It's really precious to me. That's why I lost my mind when you broke it." he said, and I felt guilt.

"Is she your girlfriend?" I asked.

"She was my first love and the only girl I've ever loved in my life.I don't think I'm ever gonna fall in love with anyone else ever again." He said.