Chapter 4 - Victims

Fod/Thi-si POV

Watching the kid press the button, I knew exactly what was going on thanks to my detective brain. As a person visiting someone , he had nothing with him not even a bag , it was raining outside but he has no umbrella yet he's not wet. Either he must have been inside the building the whole time or the rain has stopped and he just came in. ' Let's just ignore it . I have already a lot going with my life , it's not necessary of me to poke my nose into other's business ' I thought to myself and got on my car and started the engine.

The next second , I was on the elevator pressing the top floor button. ' Damnit , Thi-si . When are you going to fix that kind soul let's help everyone habit for god's sake ' I mumbled under my breath and walked towards the fence.

That kid was standing at the concrete slab supporting the fence. For someone whose aim is to end their life here , he's holding the fence so tight. I got his intentions from that , ' Hey kiddo , When are you going to jump ? ' I said grabbing his attention. He turned around and looked at me with red eyes and puffy face. ' Soon , Me jumping here or not . That's none of your business. Leave this place' he said with a grumpy voice. ' Okay then, I will leave ' I said and turned around but a voice stopped me in my tracks. ' Wait...' he said. I turned around and stepped close to him saying ' Boy , You just wanted someone to stop you don't you ? Someone to say don't do this. You may have come here with an intention to die, but deep down you didn't want to end your life in vain. I get it kid, Every one needs a second chance. I think it's your turn right now. All those people who bullied you are just worthless and selfish people driven by their jealousy towards you. If you take a step back and look at them, You will not because they just exist in your shadow. So , now think , Are you worth giving away your precious life ? Think about your parents how will they feel to loose their son ? Think about your friends , Do they know what you are going through ? '

We just stood there in silence for a few seconds , ' You are right, The infamous crazy bulldozer Gemini never backs down without a fight. Thanks Fourth ' he said and jumped inside the fence and into the building in a calm and cool manner and made his way down like nothing happened. I was relieved and smiling at the same time ' That kid calls himself crazy and a freaking bulldozer , kids these days..' I mumbled shaking my head.

---------

I came back to Fod's house , going to mine will just raise suspicion. ' Everything came down to this cause of that killer , maybe catching him will end all this ' I thought to myself and took out the white board and listed all the information I know about the case before I forget anything.

The culprit is a serial killer , the case we are handling is called Rad khx case. As of now , there are five victims in a span of two months. When the case started , nobody believed that this is serial murder because there was no common ground and no MO ( Modus operandi - The method or a pattern of criminal behavior to separate crimes belonging to that distinctive criminal ). The criminal department has been having an hard time solving this case because the scene is clean meaning no finger prints , no DNA nothing. A perfect crime is impossible but we are searching for a killer that made it possible five times already. So the only clue we had till the third murder was that the killer's target is women but the fourth victim was a man. Now , let's look at the victim's information.

1. The first victim is Ms.Mook on March 11 , 2022 during 10.23 pm. She was a college student , Age - 20 yrs , Last seen at 7/11 few meters away from her house. Cause of death - Strangulation. First her boyfriend was the prime suspect as his testimony said that they had a big fight the night before she was killed. But he had an alibi , he was captured in the CCTV of the hospital taking care of his friend.

2. The second victim is Mrs. Fah on March 25, 2022 during 8.15 pm. She's married to Mr. Arthit who works abroad and has one kid ( 7 yrs old ) and was working in a publishing company. On the day she died , she worked a day shift ( 10 - 7 pm ) then stopped by the market to get the things for dinner then killed at her house. Age - 35 yrs , Last seen at the market. Cause of death - Strangulation. No prime suspect found.

3. The third victim is Ms.Anong on April 1 , 2022 during 7 am. She was jobless , lives in the apartment with her brother's family. She was last seen leaving the club at 6.30 am. Age - 25 yrs , Cause of death - Strangulation. The prime suspect was her male friend that he she was leaving together from the club. That guy had a previous record so everyone narrowed him down as the killer but before the investigation period 48 hrs , an entry from ankle monitor was found near almost 5 kms away from the victims house. Then, later the guy was captured in the dashcam of a car parked infront of his house at 6.55 am.

4. The fourth victim is Mr. Milo on April 9 , 2022 during 12.03 am . He was working at a Food production company but he was on leave that day , found dead in his girlfriend's house. Age - 30 yrs , Cause of death - Strangulation. Last seen meeting his brother at Thangria artifacts. This victim was a turning point to the case as the signs of struggle was found that means he fought and was killed, but the house was burned down so any evidence or the culprit's blood burned down with the house.

5. The fifth victim - Unknown ( Found on news )

I looked at the board now filled with details, I am pretty sure I found nothing that led me being here. And I don't remember anything after the meeting. This is a mess.

-x-