Chapter 27 - Partner

Author POV

' I am Fourth Nattawat , lieutanant of Team 3 , Nice to meet you too '  said Fod , shook hands with him and walked out of the room. Fod is really bad at controlling his emotions so he went to the park to take a walk and calm down his heart and mind. He didn't want cause trouble for Gemini on the first week of his transfer.

' Is he still that mad about that coffee ? I gotta clear the air ' Gem thought to himself. ' Don't worry , Fourth is having his typical mood swings. He didn't ignore you , he will be back soon ' said the TL. ' I get him , he has all the rights to ignore me as I did do something to him ' said Gemini and walked towards the park.

Someone pulled me all the way to the washroom, ' Take it off ' he said. Fourth was flustered and didn't show any reaction. ' That stain , Let me wash the shirt for you. Wear this till then ' he said. Fourth went inside the stall , took off his white shirt and wore the black hoodie that was given to him. ' You have a weird way of making up Mr.Gemini  ' said Fod placing his shirt on his hand. ' Oww, Please just use casual terms with me ' said Gem. I nodded saying , ' I hope you get my lucky charm squeaky clean Gem ' I said teasing him. ' Why are you cutting words nong ? ' said Gem. ' Oww , Nong ? Who ? Me ? ' said Fourth. Gemini laughed at his antics saying ' How old are you fourth ? ' . ' I am in the big 27 ' he said with a proud face. ' I am 28 yrs old nong ' Gemini said. ' So What , I won't call you P'Gemini ' said fourth sticking his tongue out at him. ' That's how you want to play this game ' Said gemini and leaned on the door looking at fourth saying , ' Hia Gem , I'm sorry I didn't mean to pour coffee on you '.  ' Shia, him calling me Hia got me weak on my knees why did he have to lean on the door. He looks so mature and different, No get yourself fourth ' Fourth thought to himself. ' That's so cringey , I will just call you Phi ' said Fourth and went to his desk successfully putting on a straight face.

----------

Fod POV

' It's 2 pm on a monday , the time that I dislike the most cause it's the weekly meeting hour ' I whined and settled in my seat. '  The past week has been peaceful , let me assign the cases for this week. Jojo and Neo - Night patrolling , Pahn and Sea - Sam Yan stalker case ' said TL. ' What about me ? ' a voice echoed in the room. ' Fourth , You just came back. Take it easy this week champ ' said TL. I smiled , ' Then , Is it time for the power duo Fourth and P'King ? ' I said winking at the TL. ' In your dreams nong. You're partner is Gemini. As he's new here , help him with the training ' he said. ' Why him ' I could hear Gemini whining at the corner. ' Let's start the patrolling ' with that TL ended the meeting.

Everyone got on the cars , ' You drive ' he said. I glared at him , ' What , Aren't you supposed to be showing me how things are done ' He said shrugging his shoulders. ' I'm gonna smash his smart ass brain later ' I mumbled under my breath and started the engine. The ride was silent as we both concentrated on monitoring the roads.

I broke the silence saying , ' Didn't you do Forensic medicine ? How did you become a profiler ? '. ' How did you know that ? Did you run a background check on me ? ' he asked staring at me. ' Oh come on , I'm not that obessed with you. You're popular ass stole my friend Phupo , I used to be his favorite now he can't stop talking you '. He smiled and answered ' I did major in Forensic medicine , I was lost after the summer break in 2022. I was in dilemma on what I wanted to do. My heart leaned towards Profiling , I did my PG and prepared for the police exam at the same time. That's why my age and experience doesn't match '. I nodded and said, ' That' so cool , I am kinda like you. I majored in Law but I didn't want to become a prosecutor or an advocate. So, I dropped out of the course after my sophomore year and joined the police academy in the mid of 2022 '. ' You seem to be made just right for this job ' he said. ' What do you mean ' I asked him laughing at his words. I shook his head and instead threw another question , ' How long has it been since you were assigned to the team ' . ' Ahh , I think two years. I graduated on 2026 and got assigned to a small station for training. I barely managed to hold out there and gladly  an year passed away without any penalties and I managed to get enough credits for a transfer. So, I was assigned to our Team 3 on the end of 2027. You will be able to learn new things here ' I said. ' Yeah , I hope to gain new experience and work on sharping my skills ' he said with determination. 

--------

I cleaned my bed, washed the dishes. ' I have files in my bag. I should scan them and put it in my drive before I forget it again ' I thought to myself and emptied my bag to find an unknown paper bag inside. I found a note with that saying , ' We may have start with wrong foot but you loosenedd me up and made me feel comfortable. I hope to get along with you, I attached a little bribe . Please take care of me Nong ' I opened the bag , my clean white shirt folded neatly. ' My gem is still kind as he used to be , his bribe is egg tarts ' I laughed at his cute actions.

-x-