Chapter 6 - Vase

Fod / Thi POV

~Ding

I rolled over and checked the message ,

~Gemini_nt

What did one toilet say to another ?

seen 2 hrs ago

You look Flushed!! 5555

I shook my head , I don't know what got into him recently. He has been sending me these lame corny jokes all through my weekend.

~Ding

~Gemini_nt

What do lawyers wear to court ?

seen 25 mins ago

Ohh come on, It's time you answer at least one Fod!!

okay, Maybe suits ?

You almost got it there , it's Lawsuits 555

~ Fourth_ntwt has left the chat ~

-----------

I tried to put the pieces together but I have no lead. The victim count is already five , it is to be stopped at all cost. ' Should I go to the station , maybe they would have found some lead. But , I will be stopped again, What can I do ' I stared at the huge white board while swirling the pencil.

' Are you alright Fourth ? ' someone sat next to me. I turned around saying ' Fourth who ? ' . ' What do you mean ? It's You. I don't have more than one fourth in my life ' he smiled. ' Just sleep deprived, I was binge watching k-drama. I will be fine Gemini ' I said. ' Just the thought that , at this moment somewhere the victim is struggling to protect their life or the victim's parents waiting for us to find the killer and give justice to their children is enough to taunt me all night with no sleep . But , I cannot say this to him ' I thought to myself.

-----------

The classes got over early , we decided to walk in the gardens to get some fresh air. ' Ahh, University life is exhausting ' I sighed. ' Yeah , it is sometimes. But just two days more, We will be getting our summer break after that ' said Gemini. ' I get some time to work on the case good then ' I blurred out . ' What case fourth ? ' asked Gemini . I remained silent , ' Shia , I'm such a dumbass ' I mumbled under my breath.

' Ahh , VASE , I was talking making flower vase during the break ' I tried to cover up my words with a stupid lie. Gemini stared at me for awhile and patted my head saying ' I may have not known you for a long while but it is enough time to know that you're going through something. I don't want you be in this alone fourth. I get it if you're not ready to share anything but just keep in your mind that , You were there when I had my hardest time, I will be there with you in yours ' he said hugging me with such a warmth that filled up my soul.

' P'Tang said something in this context too, maybe it's time to share this burden. I trust Gemini , he will believe me ' I thought to myself.

' Meet me at my place , 7 pm ' I said and left the place. I need time to organize my thoughts and words before I open the pandora box to him.

----------

'Ding dong

I opened the door , that kid was standing there with handful of bags. ' What's the deal with these bags ' I asked while we both put them down on the table. ' I just went grocery shopping ' said gemini. ' For What ? I have everything in my house ' I asked. Gemini gave me a scowl , opening the fridge door he went ' I think you meant nothing ' . I forgot to fill it up cause I don't cook and we mostly just order take outs in the station and I am not using to being in my home that much.

' I will be making Pad Krapow Moo (Stir fried pork with thai basil and rice ) ' said Gemini . I asked ' Need any help ? ' . ' Yeah , I will be done within 15 minutes, Please make two fried eggs ' he said while putting on an apron. ' Damn. If I say that I'm the type that can't even boil water for god's sake , that kid will definitely have his time teasing me. No way I'm telling him this. I can do this , I catch criminals for work how can I not make a mere fried egg ' I thought to myself and held the pan determined.

I sneaked into my room for a few minutes and watched the tutorial to make eggs , Guess what gemini ,Just fried eggs is boring I will make you korean style egg rolls. I grinned and stole some spring onions from his bags and chopped them. After I mix this with the beaten egg , I will be almost done. I poured the mixture into the pan , Now I just have to roll this and pour the second half batch. I struggled with a spatula and a spoon , hands came behind me holding my right hand that had a spatula and my left hand that had a spoon , he folded the cooked egg easily. Gemini waved hands at my face to get attention , ' Fourth , what are thinking ? Pour the mix into the pan ' he said. ' Ye..ah , It's almost don..e' I stuttered awkwardly. Gemini helped me folding the last roll , I drew a smiley face with some ketchup as the plating and arranged the dishes on table with the cutlery.

' How is it ? ' he asked with curious cat eyes. ' Yummy , How about my upgraded egg roll ? ' I asked with pride even though it was gemini who did half the work. ' Cute , tangy and sweet just like it's owner ' he said winking at me.

' This kid is getting bolder day by day...' I thought to myself smirking at him.

-x-