Chapter 20 - Silom

Gemini POV

' Why did you drink that much suddenly ? ' he asked passing the spoon. ' AH, that Phi of yours kept saying things that irritated me , I lost my patience So I took out my anger on alcohol instead ' I said. He smiled at my saying , ' He was a menace back then , I can't believe he was that much shameless to show up at my friend's wedding , making a conversation with me , trying to make you jealous. He was such a funny shit last night ' he said patting my shoulders for comfort. ' You were savage when you kicked him out ' I said proud. ' I just wanted to shoo him away soon and take care of you . You were drunk last night , Are you alright now ? Do you remember anything ? ' he asked with face full of concern. I couldn't bring myself to tell him that I miraculously remember everything that happened last night and hate my body for passing out at the wrong timing. ' I am alright Phi , I don't. Why ? Did I do anything crossing the line ? ' I asked hiding the thoughts in my mind. ' No Nothing, I am just relieved that you're alright ' he said. ' The soup did the trick Phi , Thanks for the breakfast ' I said cleaning up the table. He pinched my nose gently in adoration while smiling at me. I was flustered at his behavior, Seems the conversation we had last night brought up a closure in Phi's heart. 

----------

Fod/Thi POV

' Phi! Can you bring all the case files and our notepads ' said Gem. I picked all things he asked and sat on the table where he was laying down the photos we took while visiting the crime scenes. ' I printed all the photos Phi , Now let's start from the first case ' he said. ' Okay , Ms.Mook place we found the flower pattern knife stand. Next ,  we found Ms.Anong family photo at  Mrs. Fah's house. Then , we couldn't find anything belonging to Mr.Milo in the third victims house so as for the fourth and fifth victim ' I said waiting my brain catching anything that is useful. ' Let's start from the basics Phi , How do we conclude the cases as serial murder ? ' Gem asked. ' First , the MO needs to be the same then we find commonalities between the victims to prevent the next one ' I said looking at the photos of victim's body. ' We know MO which is strangulation then what's the common thing between the victims ? ' he asked. ' First we thought the killer's target is women but that changed in fourth case. After that we couldn't find anything common , their age , occupation, last seen places , social circle , housing areas everything was different ' I said recalling the meetings we had. 

' Housing Area...? Phi , that reminds me. I watched a lot of murder documentaries during the winter break. one of them talks about a serial murder case in Gapdong , where the commonality lies in the city name. What are the housing areas of the victim Phi ? ' he said stirring up a sensation in my mind. I gathered the case files and answered, 

Klong Toei  ->  Hua Lumpong  ->  Chong Nonsi  ->  Siam  ->  Sam Yan  "

' Does it ring any bell ? '  he asked. I stared at the areas for while then it struck me , ' Those are train stations Gem , I was assigned to a patrol station near Queen Sirikit Centre  before I became a detective and I travelled by MRT ( Metro Rapid Transit ) daily along the Green and Blue lines ' I yelled in eureka. I searched in the web browser and showed him the Metro map , 

' Now , Let's zoom in to the lines we need ' I said while stretching my fingers on the screen

' The murder areas go back and forth in this blue line intersection ' Gem said. ' Then , he travels by this lines and chooses the victims ... ? ' I asked . ' More like , He lives somewhere in this line and That's why chose victims in klong Toei , Hua Lumpong , Chong Nonsi , Lumpini and Sam Yan. The killers always start from a location close to their home as they feel safe then widen the range once they feel confident. I think that's what happened in the Rad Khx case too ' he said clearing the questions in my head. ' Then , My prediction is he lives in Silom/ Saladaeng ' I said pinning the location...

-x-