Chapter 10 - The Book

Fod/Thi POV

' Gem , Why are you insisting that you will stay with me suddenly ? ' I asked. ' Phi , You do realize that you're after a serial killer right ? I'm concerned about your safety. What kind of assistant leaves his partner alone in the field , I don't want you to do this alone Phi. It makes me worried whether you have eaten properly , whether you got home safely, whether you have slept well. When I'm with you , I am happy. I want you to be happy too so that I can see that smile every day ' he said parking the car and opening the door for me. ' I get it Gem, but you have your own life . Please don't waste your time on me. I can do fine by myself ' I said with my head down in a low voice. 

Gemini leaned down with one hand on the car door frame and another gently raising my face locking eyes with him  , ' Now , stop overthinking with that fish brain of yours and pick up that box and follow me ' he said and pulled me inside the gate. ' Yahh..How dare you call your respected Phi as fish brain ? You crack head kid ' I yelled in pout. ' Haha , You're height says otherwise ' he said while embracing me. I fit right into his arms , ' Shia , this kid keeps swaying my heart ' I mumbled to myself and pushed gemini and ran inside the house.

--------

[Next Morning]

 ' What's with that bag pack ? And why are you dressed like you're going to rob a bank ? I asked looking at gemini who is stuffing his cheeks with strawberries right now. ' Iths mah yah tillor ketchignh cet ' he exclaimed. ' Talk after you swallow everything Gem ' I nagged at him. ' It's my killer catching kit teerak ' he said looking so calm for the words he used just now. ' Gem , I'm not your teerak ' I frowned. He pulled my hand and pushed me against the wall trapping over me saying ' Then , What am I to you ? ' . 

I chuckled at him asking , ' What is that book you are reading recently ? ' . ' 10 ways to make your crush heart flutter , Don't worry I started from the middle. The first one is too strong for you ' he said smirking. ' Don't push yourself too much Gem. I am much stronger than you think ' I said smirking back at him. He tilted his head and leaned towards my neck , as soon as his lips made contact with my skin I hissed at him and ran outside with my bag and I could hear Gem yelling ' I told you ' . I yelled back ' I burning that darn book '.

---------

' Give me the case files ' I said while walking towards an intersection. I flipped through the papers, I should start with the first case. ' Let's start fresh and open our eyes and ears for any possibilities ' I said arriving at the street where the first victim resided and Gem nodded. ' The first case is the death of Ms. Mook at Klong Toei , March 11 , 2022 during 10.23 pm. She was a college student , Age - 20 yrs , Last seen at 7/11 few meters away from her house. Cause of death - Strangulation ' said Gemini and we looked through the photos of the body. There were marks around the neck indicating strangulation , no other bruises indicating fight or any assaults. Then it means the killer jumped on the victim and killed at once by strangulation. We first walked around the house to know about the environment or anything that the culprit dropped. We found nothing, walking through the yellow tapes we looked at the white outline mark indicating the body's location and no blood stains. I flipped through the photos and kept them next to the outline mark observing it's state. 

Then , I went around the house observing the things and playing a simulation in my head on how it could have happened. She was last seen leaving 7/11 at 9.40  , it would have taken her 10 minutes to reach home. Leaving that out , How did the killer end up killing the victim and erasing the fingerprints or any traces  all within mere 30 minutes. I massaged my temples in confusion. What if he was wearing disposable clothes and latex gloves then it makes sense that the crime scene was clean, then ' Shia , We are looking at a meticulous , smart and a heinous killer's scene ' . 

Gemini tapped my shoulder that got me out of the trance, ' You found anything Phi ? ' he asked . ' Nothing crucial though ' I sighed. He held my held and interlocked our fingers saying ' We gotta catch this bastard soon but how come there's nothing crucial in the crime scene ' totally ignoring what he did , acting like it was a normal thing. ' You're getting a lot touchy lately Gem, I need to make a mental reminder to burn that book when I get back home ' I sighed still just leaving our hands to be. ' That's not going to be easy , I hid it in a place that's hard to find ' he said giving a suspicious smile. ' Where ? Come on it's my house that you're talking about how could I not know ' I said shrugging my shoulders. He pointed to his chest saying ' My heart ' . I miserably failed at holding back my laugh. I tried to distract the situation by asking what he was scribbling in his notebook some minutes ago , ' Ahh, I found something. Seems like Ms. Mook was a bad cook ' he said . I raised my eyebrows in doubt , ' There was a lot of plastic boxes and covers from the delivery app by the door ' he said with chest full of pride. I shook my head and turned around thinking ' How could he be so foolish and cute at the same time. Gotta turn off the heater in the room my ice cold heart is starting to melt'...

-x-