Chapter 14 - Blood

Fod/Thi POV

I stood in front the house sealed with yellow tapes at  Hua lumpong. ' I have a lot of questions with the fourth victim's case , I hope we find answers to that ' said Gemini and went inside. I looked around the house and took some photos before I got inside. The dusted wallpapers flying around all the rooms , melted plastic from the home appliances stuck to the ground , the house was a mess due to the fire. ' Why do you think the killer burnt the house Phi ? Did he change MO ? ' asked Gem dusting the surroundings near the white outline with a brush to find any fingerprints. ' My assumption is that , the killer and victim got into a fight. There's a cut on the right hand ( in the victim 's body ) , that means something happened to the killer too. Maybe he got his blood on something and couldn't get that squeaky clean. So, he burned down the house to get rid of any evidence ' I said. 

' I see, but we got the killer's blood now. What's the use when we can't find the match ' said gem. ' Yup , that's why let's find something useful ' I said. We went on our ways to find any clues. I played a simulation on what could have happened , he was last seen with his brother at Thangria artifacts , he talked about his brother's marriage. Then the brother left , Mr. Milo bought an ancient compass. Next, he came to visit her girlfriend but she wasn't there. He came across the killer and put up a fight but in the end he got killed. ' Why did he die at his girlfriend's house ? Where is that ancient compass that he bought ? ' I had two questions revolving in my head. ' What are you thinking Phi ? ' asked Gemini and stood next to me. ' That ancient compass that Mr.Milo bought from the Thangria artifacts is missing , it wasn't found in his bag or anywhere in the house ' I said. ' Maybe he lost on his way or misplaces it somewhere I guess ' Gem said. ' I don't think so what if- ' I stopped talking , I searched for the victim's photos and found it inside the folder. I lined it up on the table and pointed at one , ' Look at this Gem, there's a scratch mark on his head. The forensic team couldn't find any tool matching the impact. I think Milo was hit in the head with that by the killer. So, it will-' Gemini interrupted saying ' have both the blood of killer and the victim. Hence, the killer took it with him ' .

We made a note of that. ' Anything else you found over there Gem ? ' I asked from the entrance. ' Nothing Phi, Let me take some photos and we can to the fifth victim's house. We headed next to the fifth victim's house at Sam Yan. I took some photos of the house and went inside and joined Gemini who is looking at the case file in my phone. ' Ms. Reena , Age - 17 , High school student, lives alone, Last seen leaving the dance academy at 9 pm , Estimated time of death - 9.27 pm , Cause of death - Strangulation' .  ' She always attends the dance academy on the week days then she walks back home. So, it would have taken her 20 minutes to get home. But she was killed at 9.27. That doesn't make any sense , or Am I miscalculating something ? ' I scratched my head in confusion. 

-x-